228 Writing Marathon for Taiwan

  • pubsweet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2006
      228 Writing Marathon for Taiwan
      by Subing

      February 28th (228) is a significant day in Taiwanese history.
      Taiwanese all over the world are organizing a writing marathon to
      invite people to write about Taiwan and to post their articles on
      that
      day.

      Our goal is to have at least one article published on the Internet
      every hour during the day. If you like to join us in remembrance of
      228, please register at one of the following blogs according to the
      time you like to publish your article.

      You can publish the article at your own website/blog or post the
      article at the blog you register. If you publish your article at
      your
      own website/blog, please remember to post the link so that we can
      enjoy

      it.

      (US Estern Time)
      2/27 11:00am ~ 2:00pm
      :http://blog.yam.com/subing/archives/1142366.html
      2/27 2:00pm ~ 5:00pm
      :http://blog.yam.com/hchmarco/archives/1142657.html
      2/27 5:00pm ~ 8:00pm
      :http://blog.yam.com/lifeshot/archives/1139355.html
      2/27 8:00pm ~
      11:00pm:http://blog.yam.com/moonlytw/archives/1139139.html
      2/27 11:00pm ~ 2/28
      2:00am:http://blog.yam.com/stattw/archives/1139386.html
      2/28 2:00am ~
      5:00am:http://blog.yam.com/bichhin/archives/1137778.html
      2/28 5:00am ~
      8:00am:http://blog.yam.com/freemanspot/archives/1140419.html
      2/28 8:00am ~ 11:00am :http://www.wretch.cc/blog/Kiantix&article_id=
      3200581

      Please join us and help us make this a meaningful and successful
      event.

      If you want to know more about 228 and why we are doing this, please
      read the following article.

      228 Incident Remembrance - Speak Up for Taiwan

      by Oops

      February the 28th of 1947, a horrible incident took place in Taiwan
      (Formosa - the beautiful island.) This tragedy was the most brutal
      massacre in Taiwan's modern history. The murderer was Chiang
      Kai-Shek's KMT regime, and the victims of this genocide were
      hundreds

      and thousands of innocent civilians. (Chiang Kai-Shek, a nationalist
      who led a party called KMT.

      Chiang and his KMT were beaten up by China Communist during the
      civil
      war in the late 40s and they fled away from China.

      Crossed the Taiwan Strait, Chiang came to Taiwan and he reigned this
      island as a foreign ruler. Please refer to here for more details of
      228

      Incident.)

      Briefly, 228 Incident started an arbitrary tyranny which had been
      oppressing Taiwanese for 50 years. This historical incident was a
      nightmare for every Taiwanese, especially for those whose families
      have

      been killed in the incident and all the innocent civilians were
      executed as the traitors afterwards.

      People had been suffering until lately 228 Incident was recognized
      as a

      criminal-like brutality. However, do you think they could have had
      an
      acquittal? No. They have already been murdered. Do you think we can
      prosecute the instigator? No. He is still being honoured by those
      hypocrites.

      Moreover, Chiang Kai-Shek regime's great China ideology has brought
      us into a miserable state without any identity and leaves China an
      excuse to annex Taiwan.

      Honest Taiwanese are generous and forgiving. But, none of us could
      ever

      forget this incident and all the things that KMT regime has ever
      done
      to us. And all the mental and physical harms are implacable. We
      would
      never compromise with any lame

      excuses and some scapegoats. All the victims and their families
      deserve

      a dignity and redressal. We'll never be giving up in doing all our
      best and fighting with the evildoers.

      The memorial 228 Incident (February the twenty-eighth) is imminent.
      We
      sincerely invite you, all old friends and new friends of Taiwan to
      pay
      your condolences and pray for those victims in 228 Incident, pray
      for a

      world with integrity, and pray for Taiwan. We also petition for an
      international recognition as an independent country in spite of the
      suppression from China and without any concession against all the
      unfair and unjust treatment.

      At the same moment while you are praying, you may also sound it out
      for

      Taiwan through the Internet.

      Please feel free to use this icon in your
      Blog or wherever can be seen, and on February the twenty eighth,
      please

      expose your messages that support this event, and sustain Taiwan to
      against China, and sound it out for Taiwan.

      We have no intentions to carry up any hatred and distrust. We only
      want

      all the people who sacrificed for this land can be granted dignity
      and
      peace. And those who committed the iniquity to them will truly say
      sorry to the victims.

      Your prayers definitely are our strength, and without your help, we
      surely will never have chance to peacefully accomplish our goal of
      being an independent country.

      God make us servants of His peace:
      where there is hate, may we sow love;
      where there is hurt, may we forgive;