disposal of prescription drugs, outdated

  • macro6096
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
      I thought I read where the police dept had a bin to drop off prescription drugs, kaiser will not take them back. I know you can't flush them down the toilet or put in the garbage. what to do?
    • chrismbarker
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
        Yes, the police have a drop off. Its hazardous waste. A list:

        http://www.savesfbay.org/pharmaceutical-disposal-sites

        --- In local2me@yahoogroups.com, "macro6096" <macro6096@...> wrote:

        > I thought I read where the police dept had a bin to drop off prescription drugs, kaiser will not take them back. I know you can't flush them down the toilet or put in the garbage. what to do?

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
          There is a bin right outside the front door of the new San Mateo police department. It's outside, so you can deposit any time. It looks rather like a mailbox.

          --- In local2me@yahoogroups.com, "macro6096" <macro6096@...> wrote:

          > I thought I read where the police dept had a bin to drop off prescription drugs, kaiser will not take them back. I know you can't flush them down the toilet or put in the garbage. what to do?

        • Mary crowell
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
            thanks to everyone, they are going to the police dept!

            Mary, John and >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< in San Mateo, CA

            There is a bin right outside the front door of the new San Mateo police department. It's outside, so you can deposit any time. It looks rather like a mailbox.

            --- In local2me@yahoogroups.com, "macro6096" <macro6096@...> wrote:

            > I thought I read where the police dept had a bin to drop off prescription drugs, kaiser will not take them back. I know you can't flush them down the toilet or put in the garbage. what to do?

          • Julie Cochrane
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
              Following are some guidelines issued by the FDA:  http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm101653.htm.