Re: [lmug-talk] APPLE MacBook Pro Z0J72B/A - 13.3" at cheap prices | PC World

  • MC Black, Detective Walks
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2010
      Why?

      MC

      At 19:51 +0000 31/12/10, Jay Kay wrote:

      >Had a refurb from Apple - would never never never never never have one again!
      >
      >Happy New Year
      >
      >Judy
      >
      >On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Michael Corgan
      ><<mailto:m_corgan%40onetel.com>m_corgan@...>
      >wrote:
      >> To get onto the PC World site you need to add the 'tml' that is on the
      >> second line of the URL/ Then take a look at the Apple Store site - same
      >> price! And refurbs are £719.
      >>
      >> Ho hum! And a Happy New Year to all
      >>

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>
      >> Please note: the opinions expressed on this
      >>list are those of the contributors and not
      >>necessarily those of LMUG. Visit
      >><http://www.lmug.org.uk>http://www.lmug.org.uk
      >>
      >> Report abuse and OT discussions to the
      >>moderator at
      >><mailto:lmug-talk-owner%40yahoogroups.com>lmug-talk-owner@yahoogroups.com.
      >> The LMUG-Talk charter:
      >><http://www.lmug.org.uk/forum/talk/about_talk/assets/lmug_charter.pdf>http://www.lmug.org.uk/forum/talk/about_talk/assets/lmug_charter.pdf
      >> Yahoo! Groups Links

      Detective Walks
      Walk in the footsteps of Sherlock Holmes

      Hardknott, Chadwell, Ware,
      Hertfordshire. SG12 9JY

      info@...

      Telephone: 01920 467 930
      Mobile: 07880 980 921

    • Russell Clarke
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2011
        Quite; the lucky bastard.
        What's the prize?

        Russell F

        p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

        On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:05, Andrew Palmer wrote:

        > You left it late, but the Best LMUG Post of 2010 (Probably) award
        > goes, unexpectedly, to Cheshire.
        >
        > On 31 Dec 2010, at 19:53, Chesh wrote:
        >
        >> Just like the First Apple?
        >>
        >> On 31 Dec 2010, at 18:30, Russell Clarke wrote:
        >>
        >>> Comes back as "Forbidden".

      • Russell Clarke
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 1, 2011
          Oh dear, looks like they carted him off to the padded cell before he
          could finni.....

          On 31 Dec 2010, at 21:41, Chesh wrote:

          > Many thanks Andrew. I'd just like to thank everyone who voted for
          > me, my producer, my director, all the staff at the hospital who
          > have been a tremend...
          >

          > On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:05, Andrew Palmer wrote:
          >
          >> You left it late, but the Best LMUG Post of 2010 (Probably) award
          >> goes, unexpectedly, to Cheshire.
          >>
          >> On 31 Dec 2010, at 19:53, Chesh wrote:
          >>
          >>> Just like the First Apple?

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Please note: the opinions expressed on this list are those of the
          > contributors and not necessarily those of LMUG. Visit http://
          > www.lmug.org.uk.
          >
          > Report abuse and OT discussions to the moderator at lmug-talk-
          > owner@yahoogroups.com.
          > The LMUG-Talk charter: http://www.lmug.org.uk/forum/talk/about_talk/
          > assets/lmug_charter.pdf
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Michael Corgan
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 1, 2011
            Two refurbs so far and both functioning six and two years down the line.
            Fingers heavily crossed!

            Michael
          • Mike Mallett
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 1, 2011
              Does this mean this model is unique to PC World ?

              As far as I can see the current Apple store offerings on 13.3” are

              2.4gb CPU 250gb hard drive £999

              2.66gb CPU 320gb hard drive £1199

              which then questions why PCWorld charged £1199 for 2.4gb/320gb when the cost
              difference in the hard drive is minimal

              By the way, in case the original link didn’t work here’s another

              http://tinyurl.com/3ah2a5w

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 3, 2011
                I don't know about PC World's buying policy, whether this is a mistake in their copy, or a BTO option ordered by them, but it points to a refresh anytime soon.

                This article tells us what may be in store:
                <http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/03/intel-announces-sandy-bridge-core-processors/>