Re: [lmug-talk] PHP scripts

  • Matthew Lovell
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi,

      On 31/7/06 15:58, "ads@..." <ads@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know anything bout how to implement PHP scripts into a webpage?
      >
      > I want to get the below cool PHP script called 'phpTunes' running.

      I think a more elegant solution that does n't require an additional app
      running alongside iTunes is "Now Playing" and it is also more versatile. See
      it here <http://brandon.fuller.name/archives/hacks/nowplaying/itunes/mac/>

      HTH,

      Matthew.
    • David Pead
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
        On 31/7/06 16:21, "Nigel" <list@...> wrote:

        >> but I got this error message and don't know why...
        >>
        >> error message:
        >> Warning: fopen(tunes.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied
        >> in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/macwisdom.co.uk/httpdocs/ tunes.php on
        >> line 16
        >
        > You appear to have a file permissions problem with "tunes.txt".
        > It seems the Application opens the PHP script on the webserver
        > which tries to write the current track to a local file.
        >
        > Therefore, the webserver process needs write permission to that
        > folder (/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/macwisdom.co.uk/httpdocs/)
        >
        > Someone may be along to point out the security implications with
        > increasing permissions.

        I concur.

        Also, the "Read-Me" that no-one reads does mention this:

        "Note: when uploading the tunes.php file to a server, it should have at
        least 644 permissions to work."