May 10 - 16

  • Tenzin Tsomo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 2:03 AM
      Flower Paper

      Land of Medicine Buddha
      5800 Prescott Road, Soquel, CA 95073  *  (831) 462-8383  *  www.landofmedicinebuddha.org

      ---

      What's Up this week!

      Tuesday
      5.15pm Yoga with Amey
      7pm Introduction to Tantra / Venerable Steve Carlier

      Wednesday
      11.30am Qigong with Breige
      5.30pm Drop-in meditation
      - How to deal with Anger, Attachment and Addiction
      by Venerable Rita Riniker

      According to Buddhism, much of our suffering comes from our misunderstanding of reality, and the disturbing emotions that arise from these wrong concepts. Come and learn some techniques and practices taught in Buddhist philosophy and meditation practice for working with our emotions.  Register online!

      Thursday
      5.15pm Medicine Buddha Puja

      Friday
      5.15pm Medicine Buddha Puja

      Friday - Sunday    Do We Have a Choice? - Karma and Purification  New!
      by Venerable Rita Riniker
      Friday      7pm
      Saturday:  9.30am - 8.30pm
      Sunday:     9.30am - 12.30pm

      What is karma?  Why is this happening to me and not too others? Why is it that nice people experience a lot of suffering, and horrible people seem to be quite happy? How does karma work, did anybody  create it? What can one do about negative actions that we have already created?
      These and other questions will be addressed to get a better understanding about how karma works, and where our responsibility lies.   Although it is said that only a fully enlightened mind can understand the sublte workings of karma, we can still study the theory and the principles and then apply it to our lives if we find that it all makes sense!

      Venerable Rita who has taught many courses in our Dharma Centres in Tushita Meditation Centre and Root Institute, India, is a very popular teacher and retreat leader.  We are  delighted that, despite her busy teaching schedule in Europe, she is able to spend two weeks with us this year.  Do not miss these series of talks and weekend program with Venerable Rita!

      ---

      Upcoming

      Stages of the Path to Enlightenment
      4-month program
      May - August
      with Venerable Steve (May - June)
      with Gen Wangdu (July - August)

      With Venerable Steve Carlier
      * Starting May 17: The Bodhisattva's Way:  Bodhicitta - Mind of Enlightenment
         Monday evenings, 7pm
      * Starting May 20: The Path to Liberation
         Wednesdays and Thursday, 7pm

      With Gen Wangdu
      *  Starting July 8: Calm Abiding and Special Insight
           4 classes a week at 7pm

      Dalai Lama Chenresig "Dependence Weekend" Retreat! New!
      With Gen Wangdu
      July 2 - 5
      We will be be practising the "Inseparability of the Spiritual Master and Avalokitshvara: A Source of All Powerful Attainments" with teachings by Gen Wangdu.
      This is a practice written by His Holiness the Dalai Lama when he was 19 years old.  We will be dedicating the retreat to the long life of His Holiness Dalai Lama - whose birthday falls on July 6 - for all his holy wishes to be fulfilled. Join us!

      Geshe Lhundrup Sopa says of this practice:
      "... a special guru yoga practice, in which the deity is visualised not in the usual form of the deity but in the form of one's actual guru.  We Tibetans consider His Holiness the Dalai Lama to be the manifestation of Avalokiteshvara (Chenresig). Therefore it is much easier to see the guru, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, as inseparable from the yidam, and to envision Avalokiteshvara in the form of His Holiness the Dalai Lama."

      Four Foundations of Mindfulness
      With Venerable Sean Price
      June 2 / Wednesday, 7pm
      Venerable Sean is an English monk with knowledge spanning many traditions. Fluent in Tibetan, he has translated for many great masters and translated many rare texts into english.  A close disciple of Kyabje Denma Locho Rinpoche, he is also one of his principal translators.

      ---

      Rejuvenation Retreat for Women
      May 17-20, 2010  &
      June 14-17, 2010

      This women’s-only getaway includes relaxing and healing methods to help you balance and energize.
      Qigong and self-acupressure will move Qi, or vital energy, smoothly through your meridians and bring you to a state of relaxation with gentle physical movements and mindful breathing. Learn massage techniques and how to use healing aromatic essential oils for balance and wellness. Enjoy heart-healthy vegetarian cooking with low-fat, high-taste recipes. Guided meditations, walking meditation, visualizations and mantras will open the heart and bring deep inner peace.

      Take this wonderful opportunity to rebalance and feel nurtured in a beautiful redwood forest setting. Find your power within! Great also for mothers and daughters.  Exquisite temples, prayer wheels, hiking trails, outdoor pool and sauna.

      How to Register:    To register for his program #6734,
      Please call Exploritas toll-free at (877) 426-8056, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6p.m. Eastern Time
      or Visit
      www.exploritas.org