May 3 - 9

  • Tenzin Tsomo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 3:24 PM
      Land of Medicine Buddha
      5800 Prescott Road, Soquel, CA 95073  *  (831) 462-8383  *  www.landofmedicinebuddha.org

      ---

               *   What's up this week
       *   Next week!
               *   Upcoming
               *   Rejuvenation Retreat for Women

      ---

      What's Up this week!

      Tuesday
      5.15pm Yoga with Amey
      7pm New! Introduction to Tantra / Jon Landaw

      Wednesday
      11.30am Qigong with Breige

      Thursday
      5.15pm Medicine Buddha Puja

                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Lama Zopa Rinpoche at Vajrapani Institute, Boulder Creek, this week.
      Followed by three sets of Nyung Nay retreat led by Venerable Sarah.
      For information and registration: www.vajrapani.org

      ---

      Next week!
      Venerable Rita at Land of Medicine Buddha for two weeks!

      The Joy of Being Free
      Wednesday evenings at  7pm

      How to deal with Anger, Attachment and Addiction
      May 12, 2010
      According to Buddhism, much of our suffering comes from our misunderstanding of reality, and the disturbing emotions that arise from these wrong concepts. Come and learn some techniques and practices taught in Buddhist philosophy and meditation practice for working with our emotions.

      The Eight Worldly Concerns
      May 19, 2010

      Are the things that we are normally interested in the source for real happiness?  A healthy body, a comfortable situation, a good reputation, gain and a lot of friends, these are the things that we are usually striving for.
      Is it worthwhile to concentrate all our energy on that? How reliable are they to really give us what we want?  Or could one find happiness somewhere else?
      Would it be worthwhile to spend some time to develop inner qualities like loving kindness, compassion. patience, and the wisdom to see things as they are?

      Join us also for two weekend retreats with Venerable Rita!

      May 14 - 16
      Do we have a Choice? - Karma and Purification  (note - change of topic)
      Friday 7.30pm through Sunday, 12.30pm

      May 21 - 23
      The Immune System of the Mind
      Developing the Four Immeasurable Thoughts (of love, compassion, joy and equanimity), combining it with meditation on 'taking and giving (tong.len)
      Friday 7.30pm through Sunday, 12.30pm

      To register:  please call (831) 462-8383

      ---

      Upcoming
      Stages of the Path to Enlightenment
      4-month program
      May - August
      with Venerable Steve (May - June)
      with Gen Wangdu (July - August)
      Details to come...

      Four Foundations of Mindfulness
      With Venerable Sean Price,
      June 2 / Wednesday, 7pm
      Venerable Sean is an English monk with knowledge spanning many traditions. Fluent in Tibetan, he has translated for many great masters and translated many rare texts into english.  A close disciple of Denma Locho Rinpoche, he is also one of the principle translators for Kyabje Denma Locho Rinpoche.

      ---

      Rejuvenation Retreat for Women
      May 17-20, 2010  &
      June 14-17, 2010

      This women’s-only getaway includes relaxing and healing methods to help you balance and energize.
      Qigong and self-acupressure will move Qi, or vital energy, smoothly through your meridians and bring you to a state of relaxation with gentle physical movements and mindful breathing. Learn massage techniques and how to use healing aromatic essential oils for balance and wellness. Enjoy heart-healthy vegetarian cooking with low-fat, high-taste recipes. Guided meditations, walking meditation, visualizations and mantras will open the heart and bring deep inner peace.

      Take this wonderful opportunity to rebalance and feel nurtured in a beautiful redwood forest setting. Find your power within! Great also for mothers and daughters.  Exquisite temples, prayer wheels, hiking trails, outdoor pool and sauna.

      How to Register:    To register for his program #6734,
      Please call Exploritas toll-free at (877) 426-8056, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6p.m. Eastern Time
      or Visit
      www.exploritas.org

      Tenzin Tsomo
      Land of Medicine Buddha