November 3 - 9

  • Tsomo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2008

      LMB logo Lzr's blank copy.jpglogo-default.jpg

      5800 Prescott Road, Soquel CA 95073    (831) 462-8383    www.landofmedicinebuddha.org

      October 22- 26

      Reception & Bookstore Hours:     Monday: 10am - 5pm;   Tuesday: 10am - 7pm

      Wednesday through Sunday: 10am - 6pm

      In This Issue
      *   What's up this week!
         Inner Peace in a Crazy Outer World
      *  Christmas-New Year Special
      *   Community Worker Bee Day
      *   Media Lab Special

      Click on these Yellow Lines for More Info

      Calendar of Events
      Click here for Monthly Calendar

      Monthly Guided Meditation
      Come Meditate!

      Special Events

      Feeling Diffferent
      with Amy Cayton

      How to Be Happy!
      Two day Conference: Happiness & its Causes
      San Francisco, Nov 24-25, 2008

      Join us!

      Be a Member copy 2.jpg

      Contact Us!

      Reception Office
      (831) 462-8383

      office@...
      Director
      director@...
      Facilities
      facilityrentals@...
      Spiritual Program
      spc@...
      Elderhostel Program
      briege@...
      Volunteer
      marti@...

      LMB is affiliated with the FPMT

         What's up this week!

      Tuesday

      -

      No class today, resumes next week

      Wednesday

      11:30am

      Qigong with Breige

      7pm

      Come Meditate with Chuck Walbridge

      Thursday

      2-4pm

      Healing in the Redwoods

      7pm

      Chittamani Tara Puja – for overcoming obstacles,  creating merit & success

      Sunday

      10-11am

      Sunday Morning Practice:  Prostrations to 35 Buddhas; Shakyamuni Buddha practice & lam.rim meditation

      - in Carmel

      No class in Carmel today, resumes next week.

      Inner Peace in a Crazy Outer World
      Path to Enlightenment A – Z

      Venerable Robina Courtin

      robinacourtin_sm EG.jpg

      Registration required:
      Call (831) 462 8383.

      Full Retreat with teachings, meditation and discussion
      Dec 6 – 14
      Check in Dec 6, 4pm
      Ends on Dec 14 with lunch.

      Silent Lam Rim retreat
      Dec 11 – 14

      Check in Dec 11;  Evening session at 7pm.
      Ends on Dec 14 with lunch

      Discount on course fee before Nov 15!
      Click here for course information.

      Excellent Introduction to Buddhist.
      Great Opportunity to Deepen One’s Practice
      Perfect for Discovering Buddhism Students.

      Christmas-New Year Special Event

      drimay_vignette.jpg

      "I want to be a buddha,

      but how do I get from here to there?"

      The Six Perfections in Six Days

      A 6-part series, led by Ven. Drimay
      Thursday, Dec 25 through Tuesday Dec 30
      Evenings 7 -8.30pm

      The six perfections summarize the activities of a bodhisattva--one intent on buddhahood. They are “perfections” because they give rise to perfect enlightenment.

      You can come to any or all of this series. Each day will be on a different perfection.

      Chenresig_4arm_web.jpg

      Chenrezig (Avalokiteshvara) is the embodiment of enlightened compassion.

      Bringing in the New Year with Compassion
      An Evening of Chenrezig practice

      This New Year's eve, Ven. Drimay will lead meditations on:
      - the four immeasurable thoughts: equanimity, love, compassion and joy;
      - tong-len: taking on suffering and sending out happiness
      - along with mantra recitation: om mani padme hung.

      Refreshments included!
      Wednesday, December 31, 10pm to midnight!

      Community Worker Bee Day

      bug.png

      Let us know if you are joining us – we’ll have plenty of food & dessert
      for you!     RSVP to ben@....

      We are having a community work day on
      Saturday, November 15th.

      Weather permitting, we are going to continue painting the outside of the Gompa, plus other fun fall jobs!

      Join us to beautify the Centre, Saturday hangout with Dharma friends, enjoy delicious vegetarian meal and get heaps of merit!

      We will begin at 10am and go through until 4pm with lunch.

      Tenzin Tsomo
      Land of Medicine Buddha
      Spiritual Programme Coordinator
      5800 Prescott Road
      Soquel, CA 95073
      (831) 462 8383
      tsomo@...
      www.medicinebuddha.org

      100,000 Stupa Project: www.peacestupa.org
      LMB is Affiliated to the FPMT: www.fpmt.org

      P   Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

      Checked by AVG.