Celebrate the Buddha’s Enlightenment at Land of Medicine Buddha!

  • julia@medicinebuddha.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2001
      Celebrate the Buddha's Enlightenment at Land of Medicine Buddha,
      Wednesday June 6th, 2001!

      Dear Friends,

      We welcome you to join us for the anniversary of Shakayamuni
      Buddha's birth, enlightenment and passing into nirvana
      which is traditionally celebrated on the 15th of the Tibetan fourth
      month — Saka Dawa (Wednesday, June 6th). It is said that all virtuous
      activities created on this day increase 100 million times.

      We have scheduled a whole day of prayers and events which begin with
      the taking of 8 Mahayana Vows for one day. You are welcome to join us
      for the whole day or any part of the day.

      5 am Taking of Eight Mahayana Precepts
      9 am Shakyamuni Buddha Puja
      11 Lunch

      3 pm Lam Rim Meditation
      5 pm Medicine Buddha Puja
      7 pm Lam Rim Teaching with Ven Choden Rinpoche

      With all the best wishes,
      Sarah