Upcoming at LMB
- This Sunday, Oct 8* Note change in time & venue:Attendees of the Meditation class, Emptiness teachings & Conference:* Please car-pool* Try to come early and park your vehicle up at the Memorial Shrine or Meadow.Meditation for Everyone, 9amwith Venerable Tenzin ChogkyiIn the Pine RoomInsight into Emptiness, 11amby Khensur Jampa Tegchog~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UCWP ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
AMERICAS LAUNCH CONFERENCE
October 6-8, 2006
* Lama Zopa Rinpoche will attend the conference:A keynote speech on His vision for Essential Education on Friday evening Oct 6, 7.30As well as participation in the session on the 16 Guidelines for a Happy Life on Saturday evening Oct 7, 7.30* Yangsi Rinpoche will give a talk on Sunday morning, Oct 8, 9amFor more information: www.essential- education. org~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Manjushri Jenangby Kyabje Zopa Rinpocheat Land of Medicine BuddhaOct 11, 7pmCommitments:Regarding taking of the Bodhisattva Vows, on the basis of Refuge in the Three Jewels, there are three options:1. Those who have previously taken bodhisattv vows, have the chance to renew them2. Those who haven't taken bodhisattva vows, have the opportunity to take wishing vows3. Those who are not willing to take wishing vows, Rinpoche gives the option for you to promise to practice more compassion in your life.Note:* This cannot be taken as a blessing. However, you are welcome to sit through the teachings & initiation, but you are not allowed to practice it if you did not receive it as an initiation.* As this practice belongs to the Kriya Tantra, please make sure you do not eat any black food - eggs, onion, garlic, radish, meat - before the initiation.* Be prepared for a late night session.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gyalwa Gyatso Buddhist Center
Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche
in San Jose,California
Chod InitiationOctober 13, 6.30pmUse the Mind to Heal the Mind
Chod, a fierce method for destroying the self-cherishing habit, is a restricted practice.
Please do not try to attend if you do not have the pre-requisites.
Pre-requisites for the Chod Iniitation (all of these have to be fulfilled)
* Have previously received a highest yoga tantra initiation (maha-anuttara yoga tantra)
* Have taken bodhisattva & tantric vows
* Currently doing the Six Session Guru Yoga practice daily
Transmission of the Ksitigarbha Sutra
October 14, 6.30pm
Open to all.
Ksitigarbha is one of a group called the Eight Close Sons of the Buddha. He specializes in releasing beings from hell, those beings that have some connection with Ksitigarbha. His name, which means Earth Treasury, relates to the earth being a support, and that Ksitigarbha supports sentient beings; he holds them up from falling into the lower realms.
Location: Sheraton Hotel, 1801, Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035-7419
Registration: Space is limited for both events, so please register by emailing your name to: ggbc@...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meditation as a Therapeutic ApproachWith Karuna Cayton (LMFT)A psychotherapist, who has conducted numerous workshops on integrating Buddhist & western psychology.Oct 18, 24, Nov 1, 8, 15, 22Wednesdays, 7pm9 CEUs availableThis class is designed to offer a means to the new student to become their own therapist. You will be introduced to the theory and methodology of Tibetan Buddhist meditation as a psychological intervention to cut through one's own personal struggles. The class will be instructive and experiential. In addition, discussion and dialogue will be an integral component of each class.This is not a repeat of this years seminar (in Feb 06) of the same name. Instead it is an evolution of the same topic. However, this six week course will be different in that:* Each one and half hour session will be equally divided into information delivery, meditation & discussion* It is requested that participants come with the intention to attend all 6 sessions. However, if you are not able to, you are still welcome to come for sessions* The class will have an experiential focus* Buddhist psychological theory will be taught, but with less emphasis than earlier classes* Participants will be encouraged to use the class to resolve a personal conflict with which they have struggledSuggested Donation: $30 - 150 (for 6 weeks)Registration: Please call 831-462 8383 or Reply to this email: tsomo@...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Becoming the Compassionate BuddhaThe Complete Path to EnlightenmentDec 8 - 16, 2006 - Full retreatWith Venerable Robina CourtinDec 14 - 16, 2006 - Silent lam rim retreatWith Venerable Robina & Venerable DrimayRegistration required: 831-462 8383 or office@...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~New Mp3 CD!(available in the bookstore)Heart Sutra Weekendwith Teachings by Yangsi RinpocheReview by Venerable Steve CarlierMeditation led by Venerable Rita Riniker~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oct Media Lab Special!Lam Rim Chen Mo: The Great Exposition on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment - Explanation of Refugeby Kyabje Choden Rinpoche16 DVD set.
In this DVD set the great Tibetan Buddhist Lama, Choden Rinpoche teaches on Lama Tsong Khapas Text, the Lam Rim Chenmo. Unrivalled in its scope and clarity, Je Tsong Khapa's presentation of the Buddhist path is the mainstay of Tibetan Buddhism. It is one of the most renowned worksof spiritual practice and philosophy. Choden Rinpoche started on the seminal Lama Tsong Khapa text at Land of Medicine Buddha in year 2001 and continues teaching from the chapter on Going for Refuge in Oct 2004. This teaching was given at Land of medicine Buddha in 2004 and includes both Tibetan and English, exceptionally translated by Venerable Yeshe Gyatso. 12 DVDs of Choden Rinpoche's Lectures plus 4 DVDs of review classes led by senior monk, Venerable George Churinoff.Normal Donation for this 20 DVD set is = $191.40 + Shipping (& Tax in CA)
Monthly Special Donation for this 20 DVD set is = $95.70 + Shipping (& Tax in CA)
To take advantage of the monthly special and order the DVD set at the discounted price you must email dorje@... . The monthly special orders can not be made from this website. In your email please include your shipping address.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VEHICLE FOR BLISS & VOID!
Maitreya Project Relic Tour is looking for a suitable home for the beautiful, blessed Relic Tour vehicle that has been carrying the holy Relics around USA and Canada for the past few years. It is a 1997 Dodge RAM passenger van in sangha red color. It can carry 6 of your kind mothers (plus driver). It has quotes from Lama Zopa Rinpoche and His Holiness Dalai Lama on each side as well as images of Buddha, Tara, Maitreya, Medicine Buddha & Chenrezig. The seats inside are customised luxury seats for maximum bliss. There is a functioning stereo for mantras and chants. Your very own pure land awaits you!! Proceeds from the sale go to Maitreya Project. Contact relictour@... or call 831 462 1487.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Would you like to be part of the Extensive Offeringsat Land of Medicine Buddha gompa & offer water bowls?Dear friends,According to the advice of Lama Zopa Rinpoche, we make extensive offerings in our gompa daily. This helps to create merit for the success of the Dharma work we try to do at Land of Medicine Buddha.Thea, who offers the water bowls in our gompa daily -- she must have offered over 100,000 bowls in total! -- has Saturdays & Sundays off.So we are looking for volunteers to help offer the water bowls on the weekends.There are 242 bowls in total. It usually take one person about 3 hours to do. If you could arrange to come with a friend or two, it will take between 1 - 2 hours. And if you have water bowl offering as one of your preliminary practices, this will be a fantastic way to help fulfill it!So if you would like to help offer water bowls - on weekends especially, or on any weekdays,please contact me: tsomo@...With thanks...Tsomo