Work positions available at LMB

  • Tsomo LMB
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Exciting Opportunity to Live and Work at
      at Land of Medicine Buddha!

      1.
      Live-in Housekeeper

      Requirements:
      We are seeking a person dedicated to the Dharma and to the art of cleaning!  They will be responsible for cleaning our guest rooms, guest laundry and cleaning maintenance of our public restrooms.

      The required person must show self-motivation, good communication skills and good customer relations. Due to the nature of the job, the applicant must be flexible in regards to the days and hours of work and have a good sense of humor to wash it all off....
      Hours: 35 hours a week, 5 days a week.
      Benefits include:
      * Good stipend
      * Room and board
      * Free access to teachings hosted by LMB
      * 30 % discount for teachings at local FPMT centers: at Vajrapani Institute (Boulder Creek), Gyalwa Gyatso Buddhist Centre (San Jose) and Tse Chen Ling (San Francisco).
      * Free access to pool, sauna, trails, library, staff computer with DSL line, laundry and a beautiful land with an amazing team of staff also dedicated to the dharma.
      If you are interested, this position is open now and will be filled very quickly.
      Please contact Ron on 831-462 8383 for an application form.

      2.
      Book Store Assistant
      Come help tend the Dharma shop at LMB.
      Work surrounded by holy objects.
      No mere bookstore, we are part of a bustling center, which provides many forms of teachings to promote healing and the development of a good heart.

      Requirements:
      *  Facilitate our guests connecting with dharma  and holy objects to help them develop happy minds.
      *  We are looking for a self-motivated, grounded, responsible person, who is ready for the challenges and blessings that come with working at a busy Dharma center.

      Hours:   We need someone to work in the bookstore, three days a week.

      Two options available:
      1.  A full time position, working the two additional days as a general helper around the Center.
      2.  Working just the three days, living off the property, leaving time for another part-time position elsewhere.

      Benefits include:
      - Good stipend (for full time position)
      - Room and board (for full time positon)
      * Free access to teachings hosted by LMB
      * 30 % discount for teachings at local FPMT centers: at Vajrapani Institute (Boulder Creek), Gyalwa Gyatso Buddhist Centre (San Jose) and Tse Chen Ling (San Francisco).
      * Free access to pool, sauna, trails, library, staff computer with DSL line, laundry and a beautiful land with an amazing team of staff also dedicated to the dharma.

      If you are interested:
      Call 831-462 8383 and speak to Sarah
    • Tsomo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2005
        * Exciting Opportunity to Live and Work at Buddhist Center *

        Forget the Rat Race …..
        Enjoy being a vital part of the Team at a bustling center set in the beauty of a rural environment (yet close to the city).…..
        We provide many forms of teachings to promote healing and development of a good heart.

        Housekeeper for Guest Services

        Land of Medicine Buddha – set on 170 acres of redwoods - is offering a rare opportunity for a person interested in the Dharma and dedicated to offering services to our guests.  You will be responsible for cleaning our guest rooms, up keeping our guest laundry and other tasks.

        If you are self motivated, have excellent communication skills, want to extend your learning and development, enjoy working with an amazing team, then we would love to hear from you.

        Due to the nature of the job, the applicant must be flexible in regards to the days and hours of work and have a great attitude and sense of humor to wash it all off....

        Hours: 35 hours a week, 5 days a week.

        Benefits include:
        * Good stipend
        * Room and vegetarian cuisine provided
        * Free access to dharma teachings at LMB
        * Free access to pool, sauna, trails, library, and staff computer with DSL line, laundry
        *  And a beautiful land with an amazing team of staff also dedicated to the dharma.

        Plus:
        * 30 % discount for teachings at nominated centers

        If you are interested in applying for this position,
        Please contact Ron now
        Phone  831-462 8383 or email ron@...

[...]

        Please call 831-462 8383 and speak to Sarah