How Problems Help at Work!

  • lmbdharma
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2004
      How Problems Help at Work

      Sept 24, Friday, 7 – 9 pm
      Sept 25, Saturday, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm

      By Karuna Cayton, LMFT

      Suggested Donation: $25 - $100 (for both days)
      Please note - lunch is not available on Saturday

      A fundamental premise of Buddhist thinking is that TO INCREASE OUR
      LEVEL OF CONTENTMENT we need to understand how the mind and emotions
      function.
      Through better understanding with appropriate interventions, we can
      transform the value and meaning of our day-to-day existence.

      So much of our day-to-day reality is entrenched in our commitment to
      work. This seminar will, through open dialogue, instruction and
      interactive learning, demonstrate how universal Buddhist principles
      may help us transform our work environment. This endeavor has been
      one of Karuna's primary passions since his introduction to
      Buddhist
      ideas in 1975, and has been the impetus for his own development as
      psychotherapist and coach.

      Bio: Karuna Cayton (LMFT, 1992) has been a student of Buddhist
      Pschology & Philosophy for over 25 years. A long time student of Lama
      Yeshe & Lama Zopa Rinpoche, he worked for the lamas at Kopan
      Moanstery from 1975-1988. During that time, he created & taught the
      secular studies program for the resident Tibetan & Nepali monks. He
      also assisted in running the Buddhist programs for foreign visitors.
      Returning to USA in 1988, he received his MA in Clinical Psychology
      from JFK University in 1992. He has worked at the Children's
      Health
      Council at Stanford University & trained interns in Narrative Therapy
      at Mental Research Institute (MRI) in Palo Alto.
      Presently, he is the director of The Karuna Group
      (www.thekarunagroup.com), a coaching & counseling project.