Sanghata Marathon

  • Tsomo LMB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 4:55 PM
      Dear friends & students of Land of Medicine Buddha,

      We received an email from Ven Roger with message from Lama Zopa Rinpoche recently, to recite the Sanghata Sutra 150 times for the benefit of the centre receiving financial aid.

      We are doing a group recitation tomorrow, Friday, at 6.30pm up at the Memorial Shrine.  Please join us.

      We are also having a 'marathon' recitation at Land of Medicine Buddha tomorrow, Friday, July 2 -- it's full moon, a more powerful day to create merit!  And to dedicate the merits especially for the centres to receive funding.

      The times are:
      9.00am
      10.30am
      12.00noon
      1.30pm
      3.00pm
      4.30pm

      6.30pm  Group recitation of the whole sutra

      If you are able to come, please just go up to the Memorial Shrine and start reading!  You can also come in pairs and each of you read half of the sutra, either silently or aloud, then one sutra gets done!  There will be a sheet in the gompa for recording the number of pages you did or the recitations.

      And if you know of anyone who might like to do this, please pass on the message...

      And if you are not able to come for any of these, you can recite the sutra at home too and let me know how many recitations you have done.   The sutra can be download from: http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/advice/pdf/SANGHATA.pdf

      Read on... Message from Lama Zopa Rinpoche...

      "Rinpoche has done a number of observations and they look very good but Rinpoche feels that it would be very important for the center to organize through students the recitation of the Sanghata Sutra. This is to create merit and clear away obstacles for the center to receive and utilize the funds.

      Rinpoche is advising, if possible, to do 150 recitations of the Sanghata Sutra. It can be recited as a group in the gompa or/and by individuals at home. This should be done as soon as possible.

      I know 150 recitations is a lot but Rinpoche feels it is important to try as much as possible to do whatever we can as this is a very rare opportunity to help the center in a big way.

      Rinpoche said this sutra is a very important sutra and can be recited in many different situations, for example when the center has problems or obstacles, as well as for individuals.

      Rinpoche is requesting that each person doing the recitation please make strong prayers in dedicating the merits.

      The dedication should be:
      1. That the center will be able to successfully receive the funds so as to help with the development of the center.
      2. To the success of all the FPMT Dharma centers and projects as well as to center members and their families and
      3. To the long life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Lama Osel Rinpoche and all our Gurus.

      Many thanks for your help and support,
      With love,
      Tsomo and all the rest of us at Land of Medicine Buddha

      Land of Medicine Buddha
      5800 Prescott Road
      Soquel, CA 95073
      Phone:  831.462.8383