Medicine Buddha Activities

  • lmbdharma
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      Hello!

      This is to advise that as we are hosting our Annual Medicine Buddha
      retreat (1st – 12th Dec), we are not offering the Medicine Buddha
      puja at 8 a.m. daily as usual.

      Instead, people can join an individual session of the Medicine Buddha
      practice (session times are: 9.00 a.m., 3.30 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. plus
      Lama Chopa each morning at 6.30 a.m.), or come and do a full day of
      retreat, or join the entire residential retreat at any point.

      The dedication list normally read out at the morning puja, will be
      read following the last session of each day, so that all the merits
      created that day doing retreat, can be dedicated specifically to
      those on that list.

      This is a great time to make any requests for dedication for a family
      member or friend, plus a monetary offering (which will go towards
      supporting Sangha at Land of Medicine Buddha doing the retreat)
      because the energy of a group of people doing Medicine Buddha
      practice (or any practice) together, becomes even more powerful.

      But please make sure you give us your name so we can check later to
      see if the dedication is still required and if requesting dedication
      for someone who has died, let us know the date of death as we offer
      dedications for the following 49 days. (Without constant maintenance
      and checking, our dedication list can become extremely long! So we
      try to keep it to current needs.)

      And following Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche's advice, the participants of
      the
      retreat will be blessing water by blowing on it immediately after
      reciting Medicine Buddha's mantra each session. Rinpoche says
      "The
      more mantras you recite, the more power your speech will have and the
      more blessed your breath will be. Your breath will have power to
      heal because of the power of mantra; the healing power comes from the
      power of the Buddha's holy minds, which have compassion for all
      living beings" ….. "Each atom of the blessed water has
      incredible
      power to heal, and to heal not just disease, which is simply one
      problem, but many other problems" – Ultimate Healing by
      Kyabje Zopa
      Rinpoche.

      So this is really a nice practice to help both yourself and others in
      a very practical way.
      And if you know someone who could use some of this blessed water
      after the retreat, please let us know.

      Kind regards,
      Sally