E-news Subscription and Upcoming

  • Tenzin Tsomo
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2010

      Dear Friends,
      We have signed up for a new e-news program that is better able to cater to your individual interest.  Before we switch to the new program,
      please let us know in the next few days, what you are interested to receive by indicating a "YES" next to the item below and email the info back to me!

      - Monthly program

      - Special announcements

      - Retreats

      - Healing program
                                    - Rituals, pujas and practices
      - Lama Zopa Rinpoche's news and teaching schedule

      - ALL of the above

      - Please REMOVE my email address from

      your list

      Thank you!
      Tsomo

      This Sunday - Meditation & Guru Puja
      9.30 - 10.15am      Morning Meditation & Practice

      11am - 12.30pm    Guru Puja & Tsog Offering
      How to Help the Sick and Dying
      Theory and Practice of Death and Dying / Jon Landaw
      Gaining familiarity with the death process now, in order to be able to die in a more relaxed manner when the time to die actually comes.

         Oct 22
      - 7pm
         Oct 23 - 10am - 4pm

      Prayers and Practices to Help the Sick and Dying /
      Venerable Drimay

      The all-important question of what prayers, mantras, and other practices are useful for us to do for the dying and the deceased and what is to be done to the body will be discussed.

         Oct 24
      - 10.30am - 12noon

      Special Buddha Day!
      Lha.bab Du.chen - Buddha's Descent from Tushita
      Friday, Oct 29
      5.15pm    Medicine Buddha Puja
      7pm         Shakyamuni Buddha Puja

      Ultimate Healing / Venerable Drimay
      October 31, November 7, 14
      Sundays, 10.30am - 12noon

      This three-part series will draw on a collection of teachings by the Buddhist master Lama Zopa Rinpoche who refers to traditional Buddhist ideas and techniques to address health issues, such as:
      - the karmic origins of illness,
      - the healing power of the mind,
      - the healing power of compassion,
      - and using hardships such as illness as part of our spiritual path.

      Upcoming - November
      A Fresh & Healthy Approach to Vegetarian Cuisine

      In conjunction with the release of LMB's The Good Heart  Cookbook with recipes from our kitchen, we have a new exciting program - three week cooking class with our very own Chef Choying!

      Learn vegetarian cooking! Learn recipes, techniques and skills that will help bring home a more nutritious and delicious meal to your dinner table!

      Nov 9
      Padmasambhava Incense Puja / Geshe Ngawang Draka

      To overcome obstacles from various sources to complete the various projects. It also helps the whole region in pacifying obstacles and interferences.

      Everyone is welcome to come along, to participate and contribute towards the puja. Your personal projects - worldly or spiritual - can be dedicated for success.It would be helpful for everyone involve in the puja.

      Nov 12 -14
      Meditation Retreat / Denice Macy & Laurie McLaughlin

      During this retreat, two main types types of meditation - analytic and stabilization – will be practiced. There will be times of silence as well as time to discuss with fellow meditators.

      Open to both commuters and overnight guests.

      Contact Information
      Land of Medicine Buddha
      5800 Prescott Road, Soquel, CA 95073
      info@...