Re: [lkhc] results posted for week 1: Low-Key Hillclimbs

  • Calvin Do
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
      My riding buddy David decided to watch the ride from the comforts of his motorcycle.  Here's his perspective:

      "At my second viewing point, fairly close to the top, it was very interesting.

      The first guy was flying!  Looked effortless.  And get this, he wasn’t even breathing  hard.  When he came by he said “How’s it going?” and smiled as if I was meeting someone walking down the hall!  I’m serious, it was weird (and yes I know this guy was in the race, I recognized him as the first guy at my first viewing point).

      The second guy sounded like he was going to blow out a lung or fall off the bike and collapse … major intense animal like breathing.

      It was odd … I’d say out of the top 20 about 8 of them weren’t even breathing hard … about 5 sounded scary and like they were about to collapse … and the others seemed more like a “normal” hard effort."
      I myself fall into the intense animal breathing camp.  =)

      -- Calvin "not-so-skinny slow guy"
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:04 PM, Calvin Do wrote:

        > My riding buddy David decided to watch the ride from the comforts of
        > his motorcycle. Here's his perspective:
        >
        > "At my second viewing point, fairly close to the top, it was very
        > interesting.
        >
        > The first guy was flying! Looked effortless. And get this, he
        > wasn’t even breathing hard. When he came by he said “How’s it
        > going?” and smiled as if I was meeting someone walking down the
        > hall! I’m serious, it was weird (and yes I know this guy was in the
        > race, I recognized him as the first guy at my first viewing point).

        Sounds like bill ;)

        I'm curious about his hybrid. Is that something that's similar to
        hybrid cars, where the batteries are charged when you're going
        downhill / easy, or does it have to be plugged in?

        thanks,

        ~ john

        support the arts!
        www.smadness.com