Strava T-shirt target time: Montebello

  • Daniel Connelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
      We have Strava T-shirts to give away this year. The way to get one is to get an
      official Low-Key time which beats the existing Strava KOM for men or women
      (limit 1/rider/year; limit 3/week for men & women). We'll adjust for
      differences between Strava time and Low-Key time based on a comparison of the
      two for riders who post to Strava.

      We'll have some Garmin GPS systems to lend out for folks to try: a new
      experiment. But for the T-shirt, there's no requirement to post data, since
      we'll use Low-Key time

      Until we define a segment which corresponds to the actual low-key course, these
      times are approximate.

      The goal of Low-Keys is to set Strava KOMs on every climb this year. We can do
      it, I know!

      Men
      00:28:39
      Mike Grundmann
      Wed, Jun 30, 2010

      Women
      00:42:31
      laura schuster
      Thu, Mar 04, 2010
    • Daniel Connelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
        With the help of Davis Kitchel and Nick French at Strava, we set up a segment
        from http://www.bikemap.net/route/365092 data which excludes the area at the end
        of the pavement where riders tend to congregate:

        http://www.strava.com/segments/627158

        This didn't have much effect on the Mike Grundmann's time, but took a nice bunch
        of seconds from Laura's QOM. So the target times become:

        Men
        00:28:34
        Mike Grundmann
        Wed, Jun 30, 2010