Re: [lkhc] Re:Hammering down Perpetuem

  • Daniel Connelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2010
      Funny -- I've always generally ignored this advice, consistent with my generally reckless nature. I tried Sustained Energy the first time @ the Tour of Two Forests in.... err... 2000 and did my best double ever.

      But it is good advice, anyway. Especially the part about "read the directions". Mixing stuff at the wrong consistency is generally what causes the most trouble. For example, gel diluted 1:1 with H₂O without additional liquid is a precision prescription for stomach cramps, as I experienced in a recent Coastal Trail Runs event @ Huddart Park. (There's a Pacific Coast Trail Run there next weekend where I get to make up for my error). Same for washing down that gel with a glucose or sucrose or fructose solution. Bad idea.

      Hammer has an enormous quantity of information available on their web pages. None of it, BTW, supporting these practices.