White Moon Festival at the igloo

  • lizardhead_igloo-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      A year has passed since our last celebration of the Mongolian White Moon Festival at the igloo, remembering a stormy, wonderful night up there. Mongolian Lunar New Year, commonly known as Tsagaan Sar (Mongolian: Цагаан сар; or literally White Moon) is the first day of the year according to the Mongolian lunar calendar. The festival of the lunar New Year is celebrated by the Mongols. The White Moon festival is celebrated two months after the first new moon following the winter solstice. Tsagaan Sar is one of the most important Mongol holidays.[1] ..... read on at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsagaan_Sar

      Nara is Mongolian. Her husband is Jason. They will make dumplings, to bring to the igloo to celebrate the "White Moon" a special three day Mongolian holiday that begins February 11th. I will make a "Mongolian Hotpot" to share. We will celebrate with Nara and Jason this Sunday, the 10th which will be day one of the festival in Monglolia!

      Do a search for "Mongolian recipes" and take a chance on your cooking skills to contribute to a celebratory meal. Nara said they play simple games, low tech, igloo unplugged. Bring a simple game if you have one or just bring yourself and a Mongolian dish to pass and let's celebrate the White Moon together, 6:00pm Sunday Lizardhead Pass. Come celebrate with us.
      Don