igloo time

  • lizardhead_igloo-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2012
      It's short notice but who knew if this storm was really going to produce or not. There is enough snow up there to get a good start, perhaps even get the first round of the foundation done. We're meeting on Lizardhead Pass at 11:00 am tomorrow (sunday). The igloo will be in the same place as last year so, if you come later, follow our trail up towards Blackface. Bring shovels (grain shovels are best) a tarp for moving snow if you can, lunch and all the revelry you can muster. Let's get a good jump on it before skiing begins! Year 19 on the way!!
    • lizardhead_igloo-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2013
        Hey everyone,

        It's time. We figured everyone might want to ski whatever is open on Saturday. Sunday, dust off your snowshoes, bring shovels (the grain shovels work best) and a tarp for dragging snow if you have one and your working gloves and let's get the walls up!

        This year's site is off of Cross Mountain trail head, a couple of miles beyond Lizardhead Pass. We will meet at 10:30am. If people want to carpool (recommended as there is less parking than up on Lizardhead) meet across the highway from the Conoco at 10:00am and pool up!

        I've been on the mend from a back issue and will be a bit limited so invite a couple friends and let's assemble a small army!
        See you up there,
        Don
      • neal mathews

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2013
            I'm in ! good call on sunday ... I hope (they dont open 6) Rally the
            troops Y'all ! Neal
          • Sally Jones
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2013
              Sally Jones will be there.......HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

              On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:25 PM, neal mathews <snappernicus@...> wrote:

              I'm in ! good call on sunday ... I hope (they dont open 6) Rally the
              troops Y'all ! Neal

            • Beverly Winterscheid
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2013
                Hi Guys,
                So sorry that I can't make it today.  Gotta work this afternoon.  Stop and say hi at the Sheep Mountain Alliance table on Noel Night!  I head back East next Sunday until 12/23 - boo!
                Beverly

                --
                Beverly Winterscheid, Ph.D. l 703.795.7302
                Founding Partner, Center for Nature & Leadership

                Twitter:    @Natureleadrship
                Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nature.leadership
                Skype      "Beverly.Winterscheid"
              • Sally Jones
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 8, 2013
                  Hi Crew,

                  It's just too damn cold for me today.  I have been building the outdoor ice rink at Town Park and really need to thaw out.  So sorry.
                  See ya next time.
                  Sally

                  On Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:12 AM, Sally Jones <sally.jonestellurideparks@...> wrote:
                  Sally Jones will be there.......HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

                  On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:25 PM, neal mathews <snappernicus@...> wrote:

                  I'm in ! good call on sunday ... I hope (they dont open 6) Rally the
                  troops Y'all ! Neal

                • krodlekrop1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 13, 2014
                    FULL MOON IGLOO ! this saturday 2/15/14 at 6:15 , Cross Mtn. trailhead . Open theme ; bring Moon Pies , bring your spirits and friends . bring anything , I don't care what !  Let's hike up in the dark creek , and come back down the high route in the big beautiful Full Moonlight !  it's high time , Neal