Re: [livingwithdanger] Re: HBP inside cover

  • HYPER alien 01 02 1990
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1, 2005
      I was thinking of that as well. Silver is one of the only things that can kill a werewolf. (by the way, does this mean that AK won't kill him, becuase of the silver?)
      I actually don't think Sirius is going to come back alive... but maybe he didn't actually die. I know JK said he did, but I personally think that the veil does something to the person who goes through. Maybe it puts them into a coma. Maybe it changes their appearance. Maybe it gives them amnesia? I don't know. Just guessing.

      Abbey

      Cori <loopoo10@...> wrote:
      I really hope so I mean he would be and was so good for Harry. Remus
      is ok but i think there is something going on with Peter's sliver
      hand hinting something there so Remus might not be aroundd for long.

      I have some questions just some random ones.

      Who do u think will get together? Like all the couples u think will.

      And who is ur fav couples? Like who do u want to get together.

      --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Mary Black
      <crazipartigrl@y...> wrote:

      > I really really hope so. I'm just trying to not get my
      > hopes up too much. I just realized maybe two weeks ago
      > while re-reading the HP books that every death in that
      > story helps Harry or just makes the story more
      > interesting and since they are at war right now I
      > doubt Sirius will come back to life... WHAT THE BLOODY
      > HELL AM I SAYING?!?!!?
      > Sorry, somebody had me possesed there for a moment
      > SIRIUS LIVES!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > ~Mary Samantha (Yes I am crazy but aren't we all?)
      > --- samantha hinrichs <samhinrichs678@y...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > What I want to know is what's so important on it
      > > that we can't read it?
      > > Since I relized they weren't going to show it to us,
      > > my minds been screaming: 'Sirius is alive! Sirius is
      > > alive!' over and over. What about you guys?
      > > pad
      > >
      > > sdcowanbluesd <sdcowanbluesd@y...> wrote:
      > > You know how there's always a slightly brief summary
      > > on the inside of
      > > the HP cover, right? And usually they'll show it to
      > > us, but didn't
      > > this year because they thought it would give up most
      > > of the story. So
      > > should you read the inside cover before you read the
      > > book or after?
      > > Stupid question, I know, but I wouldn't want to
      > > spoil anything by
      > > reading the inside cover of the book.
      > > Dann.

      > > Writing a book report Writing book Book writing
      > > software Business writing book Writing and
      > > publishing a book Writing child book

      > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
      > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
      > > protection around
      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > Yahoo! Sports

      Yahoo! Sports

    • HYPER alien 01 02 1990
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 1, 2005
        It could also be telling of the HBP themself. Maybe it tells so much about him that it gives away some plot?

        Abbey

        sdcowanbluesd <sdcowanbluesd@...> wrote:
        I know some people might hate me for this, but how many times has a
        person that died actually come back from the dead.(Besides Barty
        Crouch Jr. No one really saw him die). Anyway, it's really not that
        many people. And I think the reason they wouldn't let us look at the
        inside cover is because it might have talked about the new DADA
        teacher. And I'm dying to know who that is.
        Dann.

        Writing bookBusiness writing bookWriting child book
        Creative writing bookWriting a book reportWriting and publishing a book

        Yahoo! Sports

      • samantha hinrichs
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 1, 2005
          I know this is kind of weird for me to say since I'm going for the Sirius theory, but aren't we supposed to find out something big about Lily? Maybe the summery gives some of that away.

          Then it could also give away why Harry's leaving Privet Drive early. That's supposed to be for a happier reason right? I'm still going for Sirius.

          Must we wait for the 16th? Oh well, after we get the book, we have to wait even longer for the movie than we did for the book after we found out the release date...if that makes any sense to you all.

          Padfoot lives!

          pad (Well I must live if I'm writing this, right?)

          HYPER alien 01 02 1990 <hyperalien01021990@...> wrote:
          It could also be telling of the HBP themself. Maybe it tells so much about him that it gives away some plot?

          Abbey

          sdcowanbluesd <sdcowanbluesd@...> wrote:
          I know some people might hate me for this, but how many times has a
          person that died actually come back from the dead.(Besides Barty
          Crouch Jr. No one really saw him die). Anyway, it's really not that
          many people. And I think the reason they wouldn't let us look at the
          inside cover is because it might have talked about the new DADA
          teacher. And I'm dying to know who that is.
          Dann.

          Writing bookBusiness writing bookWriting child book
          Creative writing bookWriting a book reportWriting and publishing a book

          Yahoo! Sports

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Cori
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2005
            I know this doesnt have to do with the cover but didnt Harry use a
            inforgiveable curse? Is he going to go to another hearing or are they
            going to forget it since it was against a death eater? what do yall
            think?
            --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, samantha hinrichs
            <samhinrichs678@y...> wrote:
            > I know this is kind of weird for me to say since I'm going for the
            Sirius theory, but aren't we supposed to find out something big about
            Lily? Maybe the summery gives some of that away.

            > Then it could also give away why Harry's leaving Privet Drive
            early. That's supposed to be for a happier reason right? I'm still
            going for Sirius.

            > Must we wait for the 16th? Oh well, after we get the book, we have
            to wait even longer for the movie than we did for the book after we
            found out the release date...if that makes any sense to you all.

            > Padfoot lives!
            >
            > pad (Well I must live if I'm writing this, right?)
            >
            > HYPER alien 01 02 1990 <hyperalien01021990@y...> wrote:
            > It could also be telling of the HBP themself. Maybe it tells so
            much about him that it gives away some plot?

            > Abbey
            >
            > sdcowanbluesd <sdcowanbluesd@y...> wrote:
            > I know some people might hate me for this, but how many times has a
            > person that died actually come back from the dead.(Besides Barty
            > Crouch Jr. No one really saw him die). Anyway, it's really not that
            > many people. And I think the reason they wouldn't let us look at
            the
            > inside cover is because it might have talked about the new DADA
            > teacher. And I'm dying to know who that is.
            > Dann.

            > Writing book Business writing book Writing child book Creative
            writing book Writing a book report Writing and publishing a book

            Service.

            > http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Anne Walsh
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 1, 2005
              Did he ever tell anyone about using the Cruciatus? Because if he
              didn't, I don't think Bellatrix Lestrange is really in a position to
              get him in trouble for it. So as long as he keeps his mouth shut, he
              should be OK...
              Anne
              P.S. JKR said he wouldn't have to have another hearing, didn't she?

              --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Cori" <loopoo10@y...> wrote:
              > I know this doesnt have to do with the cover but didnt Harry use a
              > inforgiveable curse? Is he going to go to another hearing or are
              they
              > going to forget it since it was against a death eater? what do yall
              > think?
            • sdcowanbluesd
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 1, 2005
                I don't think they'd have Harry have another trial because he used
                the
                Cruciatus Curse in his own defense against a Deatheater. I think
                Umbridge has more to worry about when she gets her mind back. If that
                ever happens. And if it doesn't, it won't be a completely bad thing
                will it?:D

                I had forgotten about Lily.*Bashes head with a bat* That's something
                we've all been thinking about.(Growls) The 16th is taking forever to
                come. I feel like I'm going to die by that time.
                Dann.
              • Marianne M├Ąder
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 2, 2005
                   >>  I was thinking of that as well. Silver is one of the only things that can kill a werewolf. (by the way, does this mean that AK won't kill him, becuase of the silver?)
                  I actually don't think Sirius is going to come back alive... but maybe he didn't actually die. I know JK said he did, but I personally think that the veil does something to the person who goes through. Maybe it puts them into a coma. Maybe it changes their appearance. Maybe it gives them amnesia? I don't know. Just guessing.   <<

                  Not to rain on your parade, but there is canon evidence that JKR does not follow the silver issue: Remus drinks from one of the Black's silver goblets in OotP - therefore I don't think we need to be too worried about Peter's silver hand in the canon books.

                  As for the whole lore - there are several view points. Some say that silver would only kill a werewolf if it gets into the bloodstream, then there's the ones that say silver would burn a werewolf's skin and others go so far that silver would kill them instantly if they touch it anywhere. It just seems that JKR hasn't adopted any of them in her story. Actually to my own feeling she's been trying to show Remus as a person with this affliction who tries to live as normal a life as he possibly can. Which is why Harry recognises so little of Remus' being a werewolf in those books we've seen him in contact with Remus.

                  And (as sad as that makes me, because I happen to think that not only was it dramaturgically ineffective, it wasn't even necessary to kill Sirius off - he's one of my top three favourite characters in the books) I would have to agree that Sirius won't be back alive. I do believe that JKR actually killed him, but I'm quite sure that we haven't seen the last of Sirius in the books. In some way or other he'll probably at least be mentioned.

                  Mariann
                • sdcowanbluesd
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 2, 2005
                    I think that's very reasonable. JK has never mentioned Remus's
                    condition very much. The silver hand that Peter has and Remus being a
                    werewolf is also a reasonable connection, but I'm not wondering about
                    it very much. Actually, I think the life debt between Harry and Peter
                    is highly significant. Dumbledore did say that Harry would appreciate
                    saving Peter's life one day. Don't we all wonder why?
                    Dann
                  • Cori
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 2, 2005
                      True Peter is in a wizard dept to Harry now
                      --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "sdcowanbluesd"