Chapter 45!

  • samanthadarkangel
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005

      .

      Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the accent is
      though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have no
      clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
      Dark Angel
    • Lady Mara
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
        The woman with the accent IS Aletha's Aunt. I think. She has an
        American accent. Naturally. This is my theory anyway.

        On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:08:54 -0000, samanthadarkangel
        <Samanthageurts@...> wrote:

        > .
        > .
        > .
        > .
        > .
        >
        > Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the accent is
        > though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have no
        > clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
        > Dark Angel
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Anne
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with her
          American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been correctly
          tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge. Though
          she will be there. Just about the whole wizarding world's going to
          be there, if you believe me.
          And why shouldn't you believe me?
          ::innocent smile::
          Anne

          --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Lady Mara <ammara@g...>
          wrote:
          > The woman with the accent IS Aletha's Aunt. I think. She has an
          > American accent. Naturally. This is my theory anyway.
          >

          > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:08:54 -0000, samanthadarkangel
          > <Samanthageurts@h...> wrote:

          > > .
          > > .
          > > .
          > > .
          > > .
          > >
          > > Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the accent
          is
          > > though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have
          no
          > > clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
          > > Dark Angel
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Service.
        • Lady Mara
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
            I know who the woman is now. Not that I'm one of the two reviewers
            Anne mentioned. I realised too late who the woman was. *scowls*

            IF ONLY I REMEMBERED, I WOULD HAVE FINALLY SEEN MY NAME IN HIGHLIGHTS!!!

            *chucks a major tantrum*

            On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:46:26 -0000, Anne <whydoyou21@...> wrote:

            > Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with her
            > American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been correctly
            > tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge. Though
            > she will be there. Just about the whole wizarding world's going to
            > be there, if you believe me.
            > And why shouldn't you believe me?
            > ::innocent smile::
            > Anne
            >
            > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Lady Mara <ammara@g...>
            > wrote:
            > > The woman with the accent IS Aletha's Aunt. I think. She has an
            > > American accent. Naturally. This is my theory anyway.
            > >

            > > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:08:54 -0000, samanthadarkangel
            > > <Samanthageurts@h...> wrote:

            > > > .
            > > > .
            > > > .
            > > > .
            > > > .
            > > >
            > > > Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the accent
            > is
            > > > though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have
            > no
            > > > clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
            > > > Dark Angel
            > > >

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > Service.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • samanthadarkangel
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
              I'm confused now...
              So the woman in this part:

              At the Leaky Cauldron, Tom looked up as a woman entered the pub,
              carrying a suitcase. "May I help you, ma'am?" he asked.
              "I'd like a room for the night," she said with an accent. "And
              directions to Gringotts, please."

              is Amy Freeman? Because that's who i meant :)
              I'll just go and read the reviews now... :)

              --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <whydoyou21@y...>
              wrote:

              > Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with her
              > American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been correctly
              > tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge.
              Though
              > she will be there. Just about the whole wizarding world's going
              > be there, if you believe me.
              > And why shouldn't you believe me?
              > ::innocent smile::
              > Anne
              >
              > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Lady Mara <ammara@g...>
              > wrote:
              > > The woman with the accent IS Aletha's Aunt. I think. She has an
              > > American accent. Naturally. This is my theory anyway.
              > >

              > > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:08:54 -0000, samanthadarkangel
              > > <Samanthageurts@h...> wrote:

              > > > .
              > > > .
              > > > .
              > > > .
              > > > .
              > > >
              > > > Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the
              accent
              > is
              > > > though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have
              > no
              > > > clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
              > > > Dark Angel
              > > >

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > Service.
            • Lady Mara
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                Quote Dark Angel:

                "Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the accent is
                though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have no
                clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
                Dark Angel"

                The woman with the accent, the woman who floos in Molly's kitchen, the
                woman who books a room for the night in Tom's inn, are all the one and
                same. Amy Freeman, Aletha's aunt. Geddit?

                Lady Mara

                On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:18:35 -0000, samanthadarkangel
                <Samanthageurts@...> wrote:

                > I'm confused now...
                > So the woman in this part:
                >
                > At the Leaky Cauldron, Tom looked up as a woman entered the pub,
                > carrying a suitcase. "May I help you, ma'am?" he asked.
                > "I'd like a room for the night," she said with an accent. "And
                > directions to Gringotts, please."
                >
                > is Amy Freeman? Because that's who i meant :)
                > I'll just go and read the reviews now... :)
                >

                > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <whydoyou21@y...>
                >
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with her
                > > American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been correctly
                > > tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge.
                > Though
                > > she will be there. Just about the whole wizarding world's going
                > > be there, if you believe me.
                > > And why shouldn't you believe me?
                > > ::innocent smile::
                > > Anne
                > >
                > > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Lady Mara <ammara@g...>
                > > wrote:
                > > > The woman with the accent IS Aletha's Aunt. I think. She has an
                > > > American accent. Naturally. This is my theory anyway.

                > accent
                > > is
                > > no

                > > Service.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • samanthadarkangel
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                  Jep, now I get it! Thanks for explaining!

                  wrote:
                  > Quote Dark Angel:
                  >
                  > "Great chapter! I can't figure out who the woman with the accent
                  is
                  > though :/ The other one's Aletha's aunt, of course, but I have no
                  > clue at all who the other is. Time to reread, I guess :)
                  > Dark Angel"
                  >
                  > The woman with the accent, the woman who floos in Molly's kitchen,
                  the
                  > woman who books a room for the night in Tom's inn, are all the one
                  and
                  > same. Amy Freeman, Aletha's aunt. Geddit?
                  >
                  > Lady Mara
                  >

                  > On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:18:35 -0000, samanthadarkangel
                  > <Samanthageurts@h...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm confused now...
                  > > So the woman in this part:
                  > >
                  > > At the Leaky Cauldron, Tom looked up as a woman entered the pub,
                  > > carrying a suitcase. "May I help you, ma'am?" he asked.
                  > > "I'd like a room for the night," she said with an accent. "And
                  > > directions to Gringotts, please."
                  > >
                  > > is Amy Freeman? Because that's who i meant :)
                  > > I'll just go and read the reviews now... :)
                  > >

                  > > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Anne"
                  <whydoyou21@y...>

                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with
                  her
                  > > > American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been
                  correctly
                  > > > tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge.
                  > > Though
                  > > > she will be there. Just about the whole wizarding world's
                  going
                  > > > be there, if you believe me.
                  > > > And why shouldn't you believe me?
                  > > > ::innocent smile::
                  > > > Anne
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Lady Mara
                  <ammara@g...>

                  > > accent
                  > > > is
                  > > > no

                  > > > Service.
                  > >

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Service.
                • gloriousnewday98
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                    Wait, now I'M confused. I was reading it and I thought the accent
                    lady and the lady in the fire and everything were Aletha Freeman's
                    aunt, you know, all the same (though I have to admit I didn't have a
                    chance to guess because I joined this group and saw it before I had
                    read 45). So, there was the Leaky Cauldron part, the newspaper
                    part, and the floo part, they were all her aunt? Where else in the
                    chap was a woman described but not named?? I'll have to go
                    reread ... maybe I was tired.
                  • Sara
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Didn't Anne say they were different people?

                      The one who flooed was Aletha's american aunt. I think the other
                      could be Fleur, but I am not really sure.

                      On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:33:16 -0000, gloriousnewday98
                      <gloriousnewday98@...> wrote:

                      > Wait, now I'M confused. I was reading it and I thought the accent
                      > lady and the lady in the fire and everything were Aletha Freeman's
                      > aunt, you know, all the same (though I have to admit I didn't have a
                      > chance to guess because I joined this group and saw it before I had
                      > read 45). So, there was the Leaky Cauldron part, the newspaper
                      > part, and the floo part, they were all her aunt? Where else in the
                      > chap was a woman described but not named?? I'll have to go
                      > reread ... maybe I was tired.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Wind beneath thy wings, beloved.
                      ~~
                      Ever wondered where evil minions learn to be evil?
                      http://badguysu.proboards39.com ~ Bad Guys University
                    • samanthadarkangel
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                        Fleur's too young, I think :)
                        She'd be around 14 at this point in the story, right?

                        --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Sara <gryffonswings@g...>
                        wrote:
                        > Didn't Anne say they were different people?
                        >
                        > The one who flooed was Aletha's american aunt. I think the other
                        > could be Fleur, but I am not really sure.
                        >

                        > On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:33:16 -0000, gloriousnewday98
                        > <gloriousnewday98@y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Wait, now I'M confused. I was reading it and I thought the
                        accent
                        > > lady and the lady in the fire and everything were Aletha
                        Freeman's
                        > > aunt, you know, all the same (though I have to admit I didn't
                        have a
                        > > chance to guess because I joined this group and saw it before I
                        had
                        > > read 45). So, there was the Leaky Cauldron part, the newspaper
                        > > part, and the floo part, they were all her aunt? Where else in
                        the
                        > > chap was a woman described but not named?? I'll have to go
                        > > reread ... maybe I was tired.
                        > >

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        Service.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                          You're right. I was mistakenly thinking she was Bill's age. But
                          she's not. She's only three years older than the cubs. So it can't
                          be her.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                            gloriousnewday-

                            "there was the Leaky Cauldron part, the newspaper
                            part, and the floo part, they were all her aunt"

                            Exactly.

                            The other woman is someone else. You will have to find her for
                            yourself, or wait for Anne to tell you.

                            Sara-

                            No, Anne did not say they were different people. I think. Anne said:

                            "Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with her
                            American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been correctly
                            tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge."

                            'The other woman' over here does not mean the woman in the Leaky
                            Cauldron part, the newspaper part, or the floo part (because they are
                            all the same; Amy Freeman). It means the other woman that we reviewers
                            were supposed to name.

                            I hope this helps both of you, but remember this is all my theory, if
                            I turn out to be wrong, I will be very sorry.

                            Lady Mara

                          • Anne
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
                              Lady Mara -
                              You're not going to be very sorry, because you're correct.
                              The woman with an accent, who bought a newspaper and is staying at
                              the Leaky Cauldron, and who is currently at the Burrow, is Amy
                              Freeman, Aletha's aunt. The other woman was seen and discussed in
                              the course of the chapter, and her relationship to someone was
                              given, but she was not specifically named. Clear now?
                              Wow, I never thought such a simple thing would cause such
                              controversy...
                              And the Bumper Sticker Challenge is still open, to anyone who'd like
                              a teaser for LwoD! The question is:
                              What does Remus' favorite bumper sticker say?
                              Should be pretty easy, folks, and you'll love the reward... so go
                              for it, what have you got to lose?

                              wrote:
                              > gloriousnewday-
                              >
                              > "there was the Leaky Cauldron part, the newspaper
                              > part, and the floo part, they were all her aunt"
                              >
                              > Exactly.
                              >
                              > The other woman is someone else. You will have to find her for
                              > yourself, or wait for Anne to tell you.
                              >
                              > Sara-
                              >
                              > No, Anne did not say they were different people. I think. Anne
                              said:

                              > "Yes, the woman mentioned with an accent is Amy Freeman, with her
                              > American accent. But the other woman mentioned has been correctly
                              > tagged by two reviewers so far... and no, it's not Umbridge."
                              >
                              > 'The other woman' over here does not mean the woman in the Leaky
                              > Cauldron part, the newspaper part, or the floo part (because they
                              are
                              > all the same; Amy Freeman). It means the other woman that we
                              reviewers
                              > were supposed to name.
                              >
                              > I hope this helps both of you, but remember this is all my theory,
                              if
                              > I turn out to be wrong, I will be very sorry.
                              >
                              > Lady Mara
                              >

                              > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:02:18 -0500, Sara <gryffonswings@g...> wrote:
                              > > You're right. I was mistakenly thinking she was Bill's age. But
                              > > she's not. She's only three years older than the cubs. So it
                              can't
                              > > be her.
                              > >

                              > > On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:56:27 -0000, samanthadarkangel
                              > > <Samanthageurts@h...> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Fleur's too young, I think :)
                              > > > She'd be around 14 at this point in the story, right?
                              > > >
                              > > > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, Sara
                              <gryffonswings@g...>

                              > > > accent
                              > > > Freeman's
                              > > > have a
                              > > > had
                              > > > the

                              > > > Service.

                              > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              Service.

                              > > --
                              > > Wind beneath thy wings, beloved.
                              > > ~~
                              > > Ever wondered where evil minions learn to be evil?
                              > > http://badguysu.proboards39.com ~ Bad Guys University
                              > >
                              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              Service.
                            • samanthadarkangel
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 3, 2005
                                It all makes sense to me now! i still have no idea who the other
                                woman is though, but I'll make sure i find out :)

                                Remus' bumper sticker says 'Werewolves Kick Ass' :)
                                (And I totally agree with that)
                                Dark Angel