Re: DON'T CLICK, DON'T JOIN: Re: [livingwithdanger] My list of Yahoo Groups :)

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
      Ok.
      Even if you didn't click on it, just opened the mail, do you know if the thieving will still take place?

      Becky

      On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Joshua Oreman <oremanj@...> wrote:

      No idea; I'm just the messenger. Not being the sort of person who
      generally clicks this stuff, I don't have any experience in removing it.
      Sorry.

      -- Josh

    • Anne Walsh
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
        I can't see any way it could. But I could be wrong.

        Anne

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
          They might conceivably have some malicious code in
          their site, but if you're using a browser with an
          ad-blocker and you've got good virus software it's
          unlikely to do any harm. I don't suggest testing this
          unless you set up a dummy email address and ensure
          that every single anti-malware program you have is
          secured at battle stations, though.
        • Joshua Oreman
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
            On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 02:02 -0500, Becky wrote:
            > Ok.
            > Even if you didn't click on it, just opened the mail, do you know if
            > the thieving will still take place?

            Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear. Opening the mail is perfectly safe. Clicking
            the link is probably safe (maybe not, hence DON'T CLICK). But entering
            any of your information or joining their service is a surefire ticket to
            Internet Doom (hence DON'T JOIN).

            -- Josh