Re: JKR and Beedle the Bard

  • terri26417
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      MercuryBlue,

      You've lost me. Anne hasn't included any of the stories in Dangervse?
      Has she? The Hallows are part of canon,and I meant the stories. You
      mention that Anne has already included the stories in Dangerverse,
      where??

      Thanks for any info!! *Terri

      --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, mercuryblue144@... wrote:

      > Technically she already has. The Hallows are a Beedle story,
      remember.
      > I wouldn't be the least surprised to see mention of one of the
      others,
      > though--we've already had reference to "Elvendork! It's unisex!",
      > after all.
      >
      > MercuryBlue, who apologizes to Anne (the rest of y'all don't need
      to know)

      > On 7/31/08, terri26417 <ta26417@...> wrote:
      > > Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
      > >
      > > Hay Anne, quick question. Are you by chance going to include the
      Beedle
      > > the bard stories into Dangerverse?????
      > >
      > > Thanks, *Terri
      > >
      > > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Lauren" <Lebrdr@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Clicky and see the awesomeness!!
      > >>
      > >> http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2008/7/31/j-k-rowling-s-
      charity-to-
      > > publish-beedle-the-bard-in-december
      > >>
      > >> ~ Starry

      > --
      > "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." --
      Albert Einstein

      > Torture is wrong.

    • Hannah Payne
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        She didn't mean the storied explicitly but the Hallows are a story
        from it. They are referenced but not the story itself. I think

        Thora
      • mercuryblue144@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          "[Sirius] had heard of this thing, but only in the stories of Beedle
          the Bard, as another mythical object like the Sword of Decision or the
          Deathly Hallows." FD 23. To my recollection, that's the only reference
          to Beedle that the Dangerverse presently contains. And in any case, I
          didn't say that Beedle-stories-other-than-the-Hallows *are* referenced
          in the Dangerverse, I said that I would not be surprised to see
          mention (implicit statement: in a future chapter) of a not-Hallows
          Beedle story.

          MercuryBlue, who almost has an excuse to preorder the book--it will
          presumably arrive on Dec 4, which is the day a sister turns thirteen