Re: [livingwithdanger] Plotting questions!

  • Beth Hartung
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      Neither. JKR tells us it was Voldemort carrying some of Harry's blood and thus tying Harry to the land of the living just as much as Harrycrux was tying Voldemort to same. Why JKR did not make the obvious connection and thus say that the soul bit on Harry's forehead, having been fused to Harry's soul for sixteen and a half years, was enough part of Harry's soul for the rest of Voldemort's soul to count as a Horcrux of Harry's, and that the only function of the blood connection was to keep Harry safe with Lily's magic while in the presence of Uncle Voldy till Harry was seventeen because blood connections forged at birth don't do squat to tie anybody to life, I do not know.

      Doubt it. Key word there is 'lent'.

      Possibly to probably. And let your imagination run wild--Bill's symptoms are probably a good starting point, since he and your werewolf's significant other would both be contracting it on not-full-moon-night.

      MercuryBlue

      On 4/1/08, fire6napalm66 <mimikitsune@...> wrote:
      -Was is the Master of Death speculation of the Hallows that kept
      Harry alive when Voldemort hit him the second time, or was that just
      part of the prophecy?

      -Could somebody 'own' a wand temporarily if it was lent to them by a
      friend who trusted them implicitly?

      -Can lycanthropy be sexually transmitted? And, if so, to what
      extent? Something similar to the cursed bite wounds Bill suffered,
      or nothing?

      --
      "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." --Albert Einstein
    • Melissa Wootton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        About the lycanthropy: I would say, no. My reasoning....Look at Tonks and Teddy. It was one of Remus' unfounded worries about being with Tonks. Also, STDs are typically concerns for labor and being transmitted to the child during the birth. And this wasn't a worry. However, that is your story and it wasn't concerned in depth in the story. So, as our dear Mercury said, "Let your imagination run wild!"

        About the wand: I don't think that they could own it. Would it respond to them....maybe. Remember, the wand chooses the wizard. Would the trust of a friend or love be enough....maybe. I don't know. Could you tell us? ;o) It probably wouldn't respond as well. But, Ron used his brother's wand until it broke and he had to get a new one. That was a full owership transfer though.

        On 4/1/08, fire6napalm66 <mimikitsune@...> wrote:
        -Was is the Master of Death speculation of the Hallows that kept
        Harry alive when Voldemort hit him the second time, or was that just
        part of the prophecy?

        -Could somebody 'own' a wand temporarily if it was lent to them by a
        friend who trusted them implicitly?

        -Can lycanthropy be sexually transmitted? And, if so, to what
        extent? Something similar to the cursed bite wounds Bill suffered,
        or nothing?

        --
        "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." --Albert Einstein

        --
        Melissa
        One day there will be color in Gmail's signatures!
      • fire6napalm66
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
          Thank you both for the answers you gave! I'm curious if anyone else
          has a similar/conflicting opinion - I would like as many as are
          willing to answer, even if you simply agree with one or the other.

          Both werewolf answers were quite satisfactory, and thank you Beth
          for explaining the connection pull back. Where was that mentioned? I
          can't remember and am too flustered to spend time rereading the
          whole book.
          As for the wands, one thing to remember is that neither Ron nor
          Neville did very well with a preowned wand they were simply handed
          down. The circumstance with the borrowed wand has shown up several
          times in my story. As a temporary exchange with a dear friend/lover,
          might that be within the willing suspension of disbelief? Note
          the 'temporary' - dependent upon the owner's goodwill and acceptance.
          Seeking a 'yea' or 'nay' at your discretion. I'll appreciate any
          response.
          And no, I won't be dragging this out. Just one response unless you
          seek more, dear friends.
          Fire & Napalm

          --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa Wootton"