Re: [livingwithdanger] Re: Nadia-'the next Heir of Gryffindor' (from 'Displaced Person')

  • Marijke Claes
    Message 1 of 76 , Dec 1, 2005
      Wow, apparently I started something here, didn't really expect that actually.

      Now, my thoughts on all of this. I'm still not really sure what to think, but I've been thinking for some time Remus might be from the Gryffindor line. And I really don't like the idea of him getting killed, by the way, if that should ever happen, I'm going to cry.

      The thing that really striked me about Nadia meaning 'hope', was actually this part of Danger's original prophecy.

      When they who saved the savior twine
      The freshest blood with founders’ line,
      Then has the age of hope begun,
      And peace comes to the man who won.

      You can combine this perfectly with what the founders said to Danger:

      “Savior of the Savior,
      Beloved of the Heir,
      Bearer of Hope,
      Go in peace, Danger Granger-Lupin,”

      You see, they are almost the same... And in what the founders said, Hope was written with a capital...as if it's a name. And Danger is the 'Bearer of Hope'
      And they did call Danger 'Beloved of the Heir'...
      From the moment I read this, I expected Danger to have a baby called Hope at one point...
      Of course it's possible I'm just reading too much in all of this.

      Steffie Black.

      P.S.: just wanted to say English isn't my native tongue either, in fact I only started to learn English when I was 13 years old and it took me another 5 years to get comfortable enough to actually speak and write it.

    • crushalert1
      Message 76 of 76 , Sep 3, 2006
        You weren't being offensive at all. I was just thinking that it was
        rather contradictory, like you did.

        --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Cherry ."
        <cherry_coke_147@...> wrote:

        > No, no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything offensive, I was just
        trying to say that this topic's been covered from every possible
        angle and a thousand things have been said on the subject. But it
        has been decided that the heir of Gryffindor is Harry's and that
        Nadia will be his daughter.

        > Even though I still say it's somewhat of a contradiction, with
        the amount of evidence in both directions.

        > ~Cherry*
        >
        > crushalert1 <crushalert1@...> wrote:
        > *shrugs*
        >
        > Oh, God. I completely forgot about the whole "if-Remus-dies-
        Dangeer-
        > dies" thing.
        >
        > I didn't know we've been over this. I've only been a member of the
        > group for a little bit less or a little bit more than two months.
        >
        > Again, sorry if I'm digging up any buried topics. I think I'll
        > simply keep my mouth shut and just see what's going to happen.
        >
        > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "Cherry ."
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Um...
        > >
        > > What is there to say to that?
        > >
        > > We've been over this. A lot.
        > >
        > > I'll let someone whose more articulate than me answer.
        > >
        > > ~Cherry*
        > >
        > > crushalert1 wrote:
        > > Here's a theory...
        > >
        > > (It's a pretty far cry, but I think it's possible.)
        > >
        > > "His green eyes flicked around the parking lot. They were alone.
        > He
        > > leaned forward and said in a quiet tone, "The next Heir of
        > > Gryffindor will be named Nadia. She'll have her mother's hair
        and
        > > her father's eyes. She'll be bought cheaply, and yet at a dear
        > cost.
        > > Before she is born, the Heir of Slytherin will think he has
        ended
        > > the line of Gryffindor, for the last son of the lion will have
        > > fallen before his Killing Curse."
        > >
        > > Well, we already know what Nadia means and I won't go through
        that
        > > again. But Danger was called the "Bearer of Hope"...I'm just
        > running
        > > with a few tidbits of information here, but I think that it's
        NOT
        > > Harry and Ginny who have Nadia. I think it's Remus and Danger.
        > Look
        > > this logically for a second.
        > >
        > > The Dangerverse series is going to end in the middle of the
        > seventh
        > > year. Unless Ginny becomes a teen mother, I doubt that she'll be
        > > able to have Nadia before the end of the War.
        > >
        > > Also Anne was saying, and I quote, "Confusion about who is the
        > Heir
        > > will still be part of the final battle."
        > >
        > > The Heir of Gryffindor has fire-power, right? That leaves three
        > > people who have fire-power: Harry, Danger and Remus. Now, I
        think
        > > that Voldemort probably won't think of Danger being the Heir.
        So,
        > > that leaves Harry and Remus.
        > >
        > > Harry's firemagic isn't quite released yet, and I think it might
        > not
        > > get completely released until the Final Battle (?). So, that
        > leaves
        > > Remus.
        > >
        > > So, my theory is that shortly before the Final Battle, Danger
        will
        > > become pregnant with Nadia (although I don't know how that's
        > > possible...I can't make heads or tails of the "bought cheaply
        but
        > at
        > > a dear cost" bit), and...*insert sob here* in the Final Battle
        > Remus
        > > will be killed by the Killing Curse.
        > >
        > > Then, Harry comes up and says that he's the Heir of Gryffindor.
        > And
        > > that's the "thinks he's ended the line of Gryffindor" bit.
        > >
        > > I'm sorry if this really doesn't make sense, but I'm not good at
        > > expressing my ideas (such as this one) down on paper.
        > >
        > > --Crushalert1
        > >
        > > --- In livingwithdanger@yahoogroups.com, "ekjiram2004"
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello everyone,
        > > >
        > > > I was thinking about the one-shot 'Displaced Person' and about
        > > what
        > > > Alexander said there: 'The next Heir of Gryffindor will be
        named
        > > > Nadia.'
        > > > I was wondering about the name Nadia, and how didn't really
        seem
        > > > fit with the names of the other characters.
        > > > But then I realised how every name in Anne's world has a
        > meaning,
        > > and
        > > > how those are always important in Danger's poems.
        > > > So I went to search for what the name Nadia means, and what I
        > > found
        > > > was this: Nadia means Hopeful...
        > > > And that reminded me of how the founders once called
        > > Danger 'Bearer of
        > > > Hope.'
        > > > I'm not sure what to think of all this, so I wanted to know
        what
        > > you
        > > > all think of this. Knowing Anne, the choice of name is
        probably
        > no
        > > > coincidence.
        > > >
        > > > Steffie Black.
        > > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > > Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.
        > Great rates starting at 1¢/min.
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Small Business.