Digital DIGEST - LIVE UPDATE Issue 25 Supplement 2

  • webmaster@digital-digest.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      DIGITAL DIGEST - http://www.digital-digest.com
      DIGITAL DIGEST | LIVE UPDATE Issue 25 Supplement 2
      Your "whenever I have time to write one" newsletter
      Sunday, 1st July, 2001

      SUPPLEMENT :

      1. WinDVD 3.0 released official in the US

      2. DVD-Rentals - DVDs without extras (DIVX without pay-per-view)

      3. New Forum

      1. WinDVD 3.0 released official in the US

      Well, it has finally arrived (after waiting weeks after is was
      officially released in Taiwan). Unless you have been living under a
      rock or something, you should now know that WinDVD 3.0 comes with DTS
      decoding (you can now finally hear DTS CD/DVDs on your computer in
      all their surround glory) - the DTS version does cost $20 more than
      the standard versions, so unless you have a huge collection of DTS
      DVDs (and a really good PC sound system), you might want to think
      twice before purchasing WinDVD 3.0 DTS.

      For a full list of features, please refer to this page :

      http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD.jsp?mode=Features

      To download a trial version of WinDVD 3.0, please refer to this page :

      http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD_Download.jsp

      Full review at DVD Digest coming soon ...

      2. DVD-Rentals - DVDs without extras (DIVX without pay-per-view)

      I am not sure if you have noticed, or whether these are available in
      your country, but here in Australia, we have so called DVD-Rental
      DVDs. These are DVDs that have no extra features, and are released
      several month before the fully featured version is released. These
      DVD-Rentals are intended for the rental market only. If this catches
      on, what it could mean is that we'll now only be able to purchase
      DVDs several months after it is released for rental - so people might
      have to wait a few months longer to purchase their favorite movies.

      Read more about DVD-Rentals and post your opinion here :

      http://pub101.ezboard.com/fdigitalvideoforumfrm41.showMessage?
      topicID=13.topic

      3. New Forum

      We have just added 2 new German forums, one for General issues, and
      one for DivX related issues.

      They are moderated by UncasMS.

      You can access the German General Forum here :

      http://pub101.ezboard.com/fdigitalvideoforumfrm50

      You can access the German DivX Forum here :

      http://pub101.ezboard.com/fdigitalvideoforumfrm49

      ======END OF LIVEUPDATE NEWSLETTER SUPPLEMENT======