Live Oak Zen

  • John Daniewicz
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 5, 2013
      Sue and I saw the movie: "Happy" the other day from NetFlix about the most important factors that make us feel happy. Along with positive factors such as having community and friends and doing aerobic training, they also reported on the benefits of doing loving-kindness meditation. For example, see http://www.news.wisc.edu/14944.
      So, this Thursday, during our meditation periods, let's spend time doing this type of meditation! We will remind all of the basics beforehand.

      The next chapter for read/discuss is "Only, Don't Know", (which is very hard for all us intellectuals). I will also bring along a Thich Nhat Hanh discussion about this which is one of his key mindfulness trainings.

      This Sunday, June 9 at 6:30 PM at the Live Oak labyrinth, there is a going away party for Ann Miller. She used to sit with us until her health started making it difficult. Please attend if you know her. We wish her the best.
      Bows,
      John
    • John Daniewicz
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 17 2:03 PM
        This Thursday, after our meditation periods we will read and discuss a chapter from a book by Tara Brach.
        Cheers,