Thursday Zen

  • John Daniewicz
    Message 1 of 97 , Apr 17, 2013
      This Thursday, we will do the Spring version of The Four Seasons. To do this, we will first meet in Room 109. Then for the first meditation period, we will go outside to do a walking meditation on the Live Oak labyrinth. After that, we will do the second meditation sitting in Room 109.
      The next chapter from "If You're Lucky, Your Heart Will Break" that we will read and discuss is called, "Shikantaza" which means Just Sitting.
      So wear some comfortable shoes for walking slowly!
      Bows,
      John
    • John Daniewicz
      Message 97 of 97 , Oct 21, 2015
        Hang in there! Hope it all goes well.
        John

        On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Mary Connor maryconnor@... [liveoakzen] <liveoakzen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        My father is driving mom's car here, will rest a few days, and then I will drive it with him to Colorado to see mom. So, if I'm not back in time for Zen, know that I'm with you in spirit.
        peace, Mary

        On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 10:11 AM, John Daniewicz jldaniewicz@... [liveoakzen] <liveoakzen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        This Thursday, we will switch over to Being Nobody, Going Nowhere to read the first part of the chapter on the Four Noble Truths. Also, we will do a short discussion on the poem that we read at the center of the labyrinth:
        Vast is the robe of liberation;
        A formless field of benefaction.
        Wearing the universal teaching,
        I realize the one true nature;