Zen this Thursday

  • layover3@att.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 4, 2011

      This Thursday, we will continue on with Jack Kornfield’s chapter on “No Boundaries to the Sacred.”  Here we will learn about the “Near Enemies” – those ways we think we are acting rightly but are actually separating us from life:

      ·         Instead of loving kindness, attachment

      ·         Instead of compassion, pity

      ·         Instead of sympathetic joy, comparison

      ·         Instead of equanimity, indifference.

      Cheers,

      John

    • Betty Skwarek
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 14, 2013
        Sorry I can't be at the meeting tonight.  I'll be in the building but at a different meeting.  I bought the book and have read up to the current chapter--good book.  Are you going out to the that pizza place afterward like we did last week?  If yes, I would like to join you.
        Betty