Re: [liveoakzen] Guided Meditation vs Other Meditation Methods

  • Mary Connor
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
      Wow, what a fabulous resource! I'd never heard of her. Thank you so much, Karl!

      Mary

      On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM, karlw1962 <karlw1962@...> wrote:
      > Hello friends,
      >
      > There was some discussion last night about some who might prefer guided meditations for different purposes. In walking the path over the years, I have engaged in different practices, and become aware of gentle breezes, and sounds that pointed me in a certain direction.
      >
      > I have been listening to Tara Brach on a free podcast. This is her website:
      >
      > http://www.tarabrach.com/
    • Lisa Kuntz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011

        I’d heard of Tara & Radical Acceptance, but didn’t know about her site.  It’s great!  I’ve never read Radical Acceptance; I wonder if that might be a possibility for our next book?

        Lisa

        There was some discussion last night about some who might prefer guided meditations for different purposes. In walking the path over the years, I have engaged in different practices, and become aware of gentle breezes, and sounds that pointed me in a certain direction.

        I have been listening to Tara Brach on a free podcast. This is her website:

        http://www.tarabrach.com/

        and it includes six years of free Dharma talks along with guided meditations. Tara has a really soft and calm speaking voice. I have benefited greatly, and my practice has deepened, from listening to her over the years.

        Namaste,

        Karl Weston
        karl.weston@...
        (512) 537-1529 (mobile)

        ps Tara has worked a great deal with Jack Kornfield, and is also the author of "Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha." It is a wonderful book.

      • Robert Moyers
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2011
          The cholesterol pill I mentioned is 'NatureMade Cholest Off Complete'.  Be sure to get the 'Complete' one. There is also without the 'Complete' designation.