Zen this Thursday

  • layover3@att.net
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 2, 2011

      This Thursday, the reading from “A Path with Heart”  goes into those realms attained by expanding the self:

      “For expanding the self, the Elders outline eight refined levels of consciousness, called the Realms of Absorption.  Within these realms of absorption, they further describe how we can gain access to the six realms of existence, to experience all the forms that life can take.  The eight realms of higher absorption and the six realms of existence are directly experienced by the expanded self through the power of meditative concentration.  The realms bring us to states of celestial lights and expansion where we experience extraordinary feelings, visionary illuminations, and states of rarefied stillness.”

      To help bring us back to earth afterwards, for those of us that can make it, we will adjourn  to Rudino’s for table fellowship.

      Cheers,

      John

    • John Daniewicz
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 30, 2016
        Our next chapter is "Integration," which is on the integration of both body and mind. It is about the eventual letting go of our personal egoic agendas -- "not the same drive to be important or to be judgmental. . . . How long can we stand to look at our ego stuff? How long can we look at it without letting it go and just returning to being here."

        Bows,