896Live Oak Zen Thursday

  • John Daniewicz
    Jun 4, 2014
    This Thursday, Karl will pick out for reading/discussion a section from "The Untethered Soul -- the Journey Beyond Yourself" by Michael Singer who is more out of the Yoga tradition. This is part of our sampling of different books to see which we will do next.

    For the time after this, if you have a book that you like, please volunteer to bring a reading from it 8 days from now.

    Attached and below is a listing of the books we have already read. From this list, consider which ones you might be able to contribute to the Live Oak library.
    Bows,
    John

    Live Oak Zen Readings

    1.      Joko Beck – “Every Day Zen”

    2.      Mu Soeng – “The Heart Sutra”

    3.      Rick Hansen & Richard Mendius – “Buddha’s Brain”

    4.      Jack Kornfield – “A Path with Heart”

    5.      Thich Nhat Hanh – “No Death, No Fear”

    6.      Brazier – “The Feeling Buddha”

    7.      James Ishmael Ford – “If You’re Lucky, Your Heart Will Break”

    8.      Thich Nhat Hanh – “Going Home – Jesus and Buddha as Brothers”

  • Show all 20 messages in this topic