789Thursday Zen & Next Book

  • John Daniewicz
    Sep 18, 2013
      This Thursday, Peg will join us and give a dharma talk on the Zen precepts which we have been studying via "If You're Lucky, Your Heart Will Break."

      Before the sitting period, as we sometimes do, we will begin the session by singing a song.  I have included below the one we will do this time, but sadly, without Jeannie's guitar accompaniment (I will hand out the words so you won't need to bring a copy.)

      I have tallied up the preliminary votes for the next book to read and discuss from the long list. Here is the result, with those getting the most votes listed first. Please study reviews on these books and send in your vote on which one is your favorite to me directly at layover3@....
      1.  Thich Nhat Hanh : Going Home – Jesus and Buddha as Brothers
      2. Pema Chodron: When Things Fall Apart
      3. Michael Singer: The Unfettered Soul – the journey beyond yourself (read chapter 1: 9/12)
      4. Mathieu Ricard: Happiness – A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill
      5. Pema Chodron: No Time To Lose.
      Bows,
      John

      And When We Rise