782Re: [liveoakzen] Live Oak thursday Zen
- Sep 12, 2013All sounds wonderful!
I scanned through our old emails, and these are others we didn't get to:
"Opening the Hand of Thought" by Uchiyama
"A General Theory of Love" by Lewis
“Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness” - Sharon Salzburg
"The Quantum and the Lotus: A Journey to the Frontiers Where Science and Buddhism Meet" by Matthieu Ricard and Trinh Xuan Thuan
“Transformation and Healing” by Thich Nhat Hanh
"When Things Fall Apart" - Pema ChodronOn Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM, John Daniewicz <layover3@...> wrote:I am still looking for suggestions on books that we might read and discuss. Please send them in.Suggestions so far,
For our reading/discuss this Thursday, we will do Chapter 1 from book #3 to give you a taste. And before we begin the meditations, I will do a short read from book #2 on the intentionality when one rings the bell and when one hears the ringing of the bell.Cheers,John
- from Sue, I have Pema Chodron, "Start Where You Are -- A Guide to Compassionate Living" or she asked, "Anyone know of another Pema Chodron that they really liked?"
- from me, Thich Nhat Hanh, "Going Home -- Jesus and Buddha as Brothers"
- from me, Michael Singer, "The Untethered Soul -- the Journey Beyond Yourself"
- << Previous post in topic