      From: liveoakzen@yahoogroups.com [mailto:liveoakzen@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Daniewicz
      Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:09 PM
      To: LiveOakZen
      Subject: [liveoakzen] Live Oak thursday Zen

      I am still looking for suggestions on books that we might read and discuss. Please send them in.

       Suggestions so far,

      1.  from Sue, I have Pema Chodron, "Start Where You Are -- A Guide to Compassionate Living" or she asked, "Anyone know of another Pema Chodron that they really liked?"

      2.  from me, Thich Nhat Hanh, "Going Home -- Jesus and Buddha as Brothers"

      3.  from me, Michael Singer, "The Untethered Soul -- the Journey Beyond Yourself"

      For our reading/discuss this Thursday, we will do Chapter 1 from book #3 to give you a taste. And before we begin the meditations, I will do a short read from book #2 on the intentionality when one rings the bell and when one hears the ringing of the bell.

      Cheers,