About Belarusan organizations in Lithuania and Kaliningrad

  • Rydel N
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 2004
      * http://www.svaboda.org/articlesprograms/diaspora/2004/7/f7c92b28-
      bcb5-40f7-a5dc-536ce978d811.html (pa-bielarusku)

      Regards,
      Rydel
    • Patrick Aleknavicius
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 2004
        Hello Everyone.
        I am a first generation American with Lithuanian blood
        and I am interested in knowing more about the region,
        and country. However, I have trouble finding sources
        of information directly from Lithuania (or the region
        as a whole) in English.

        Adding to the trouble is that, while there are free
        web-page translators for Russian, German, etc etc,
        there are none that I know of for Belarusian,
        Lithuanian, or Polish.

        I would appreciate any internet resources you can
        provide, or specific readings you think would be
        helpful.
        Thank you in advance.
        Regards,
        Patrick Alekanvicius
        California, USA

        --- Rydel N <rydel23@...> wrote:
        > *

        http://www.svaboda.org/articlesprograms/diaspora/2004/7/f7c92b28-
        > bcb5-40f7-a5dc-536ce978d811.html (pa-bielarusku)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Rydel

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • David Zincavage
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 5, 2004
          What sort of information are you looking for?

             --- Rydel N <rydel23@...> wrote:
          > *

          http://www.svaboda.org/articlesprograms/diaspora/2004/7/f7c92b28-
          > bcb5-40f7-a5dc-536ce978d811.html (pa-bielarusku)
          >
          > Regards,
          > Rydel

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

          ------
          Litvania website -- http://www.rydel.net/litvania/
          Litvania founder's page -- http://www.rydel.net/
          "Litwo! Ojczyzno moja! ty jestes jak zdrowie;
          Ile cie trzeba cenic, ten tylko sie dowie,
          Kto cie stracil." -- Adam Mickievicz, Pan Tadevusz
          ------

        • Patrick Aleknavicius
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 5, 2004
            I can find general historical information pretty
            easily, however, historical information from a
            Lithuanian perspective is more difficult for me to
            find. I would appreciate that type of information, as
            well as current news sources specific to Lithuania.
            Currently the Baltic Times is the only English
            publication that I can find with decent news
            coverage. I am also an avid blog reader, so
            Lithuanian Blogs (written in English of course) would
            be very interesting for me to read.
            Thanks in advance.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 5, 2004
              The so-called Lithuanian perspective is unfortunately today simply going to amount merely to the perspective of the linguistic nationalist ideology.
              I can find general historical information pretty
              easily, however, historical information from a
              Lithuanian perspective is more difficult for me to
              find.  I would appreciate that type of information, as
              well as current news sources specific to Lithuania.
              Currently the Baltic Times is the only English
              publication that I can  find with decent news
              coverage.  I am also an avid blog reader, so
              Lithuanian Blogs (written in English of course) would
              be very interesting for me to read.
              Thanks in advance.

              > What sort of information are you looking for?

            • Geoffrey Vasil
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 7, 2004
                On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Patrick Aleknavicius wrote:

                > I would appreciate any internet resources you can
                > provide, or specific readings you think would be
                > helpful.
                > Thank you in advance.
                > Regards,
                > Patrick Alekanvicius
                > California, USA

                Try http://www.laisvaslaikrastis.lt/EN/
              • Geoffrey Vasil
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 7, 2004
                  On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Patrick Aleknavicius wrote:

                  > I can find general historical information pretty
                  > easily, however, historical information from a
                  > Lithuanian perspective is more difficult for me to
                  > find. I would appreciate that type of information, as
                  > well as current news sources specific to Lithuania.
                  > Currently the Baltic Times is the only English
                  > publication that I can find with decent news
                  > coverage. I am also an avid blog reader, so
                  > Lithuanian Blogs (written in English of course) would
                  > be very interesting for me to read.
                  > Thanks in advance.

                  Patrick,

                  Baltic Times is drivel. I know, I wrote for them for a few years and can
                  testify under oath they all have their heads up their asses when it comes
                  to reporting, to put it nicely. The Baltic Times career path leads from
                  "feature" writer on to Reuters, so don't expect better from the wire
                  services. Baltic News Service has a pay service in English which isn't
                  worth reading for free. ELTA (Lithuanian Telegrapgh Agency) has English
                  translations off and on. AFP is good on reporting Lithuanian news, BBC
                  also mostly does a good job. The rest is, well, propaganda. The
                  underground in Lithuania really is undeground, you won't find it on prime
                  time. Try poking around www.hardcore.lt for a blog or two, or is it
                  "blogg" there? Well, try it as a prefix instead of www. "Real" newspapers
                  in Lithuania are Laisvas Laikrastis, Respublika, used to be Klaipeda
                  (don't know about new management/ownership) while Lietuvos Rytas and
                  weeklies like Veidas are pure BS.
                • Geoffrey Vasil
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 7, 2004
                    On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, David Zincavage wrote:

                    > The so-called Lithuanian perspective is unfortunately today simply
                    going to amount merely to the perspective of the linguistic nationalist
                    ideology.

                    David is right, and more right than usual. Right now Lithuania is involved
                    is some serious russophobia being propagated by the people in power, aimed
                    against their political opponents.
                  • paslemekas
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 29, 2004
                      --- In litvania@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Aleknavicius
                      <itsparadoxical@y...> wrote:
                      > I can find general historical information pretty
                      > easily, however, historical information from a
                      > Lithuanian perspective is more difficult for me to
                      > find. I would appreciate that type of information, as
                      > well as current news sources specific to Lithuania.
                      > Currently the Baltic Times is the only English
                      > publication that I can find with decent news
                      > coverage. I am also an avid blog reader, so
                      > Lithuanian Blogs (written in English of course) would
                      > be very interesting for me to read.
                      > Thanks in advance.

                      Patrick,
                      unfortunately this group is not about Lithuania, but about
                      belarussians who are trying to convince themselves that they are real
                      lithuanians (and lithuanians in the usual sense of this word are not
                      real lithuanians :)). You can easily see this in expressions used
                      here towards Lithuania - "linguistic nationalists" is the softest one.
                      So here you will not find information you are looking for (on
                      Yahoogroups, I would recommend you to try group
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lithuanianlanguage )
                    • paslemekas
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 29, 2004
                        > On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, David Zincavage wrote:
                        >
                        > > The so-called Lithuanian perspective is unfortunately today simply
                        > going to amount merely to the perspective of the linguistic
                        nationalist
                        > ideology.

                        Could you please explain what does this mean? you use it so often (as
                        far as I read achives of this group) and never give any explanation
                        or proof, just label.

                        > David is right, and more right than usual. Right now Lithuania is
                        involved
                        > is some serious russophobia being propagated by the people in
                        power, aimed
                        > against their political opponents.

                        For you, having ex-communists in power means russophobia? would like
                        to read an explanation as well...
                      • Patrick Aleknavicius
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 30, 2004
                          Thank you for your response, I appreciate your candor
                          and direction. Your comments clarify the posts and
                          the seeming obsession with blurring Lithuania and
                          Belarus together. I have signed up for the Yahoo
                          group you recommended and look forward to learning
                          more.
                          Thanks again.
                          Patrick

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 31, 2004
                            This group is about historical Lithuania.
                            Pat, don't believe the hype and nationalist propaganda available on the
                            internet about modern Lithuania. I live here and I'm telling you, get a
                            second opinion. And a third.

                          • David Zincavage
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 31, 2004
                              You have one group of correspondents, who assert that the real Lithuanians are today's Belarussian speakers, because Belarussian speakers made up a majority of the population in the historical Grand Duchy; and the other group which insists that the historical legacy of the Grand Duchy really belongs to contemporary Lithuanian speakers.  Both groups, of course, have perfectly valid claims to the historic Lithuanian identity.  But both groups understand it badly, as pluralism and mutual respect were core principles which made the historic Lithuanian/Litvanian state possible.

                              David Zincavage

                              ------

                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 6, 2004
                                Chinese illegals enter Europe through Vilnius
                                by Aurimas Drižius

                                An illegal scheme for moving Chinese citizens abroad has been operating in
                                Lithuanian successfully for several years now. The Chinese arrive in
                                Lithuania in two ways: either legally as tourists with forged Korean or
                                Japanese passports (citizens of these countries don't require visas to
                                enter Lithuania) or illegally, with the paid help of border control
                                officers. Chinese citizens supplied with fake passports buy airline
                                tickets to London or Frankfurt and go through the border control point at
                                the Vilnius International Airport. There are two points at Vilnius
                                International, one of which is supervised by a border officer who receives
                                an agreed-upon fee from the traffickers. Chinese nationals supposedly from
                                other Asian states know they must pass through the point where the
                                specific corrupt official is stationed and avoid the other border control
                                officer's window. They stand back and wait, politely allowing other
                                passengers in the queue to go first in order to reach the right officer.
                                The forged passport is shown to the official who enters the passport data
                                into the computer system - at this point it should become clear the
                                passport is a forgery, but instead that doesn't happen, the Chinese person
                                easily clears the border control post and no information is left at the
                                passport control point showing that another tourist has left Lithuania.

                                How are border control officials able to cover this up? Laisvas Laikraštis
                                sources report this is possible in two different ways. First, the border
                                control agent can accept and keep the forged passport, returning only the
                                cover of the passport to the traveller. Second, the passport is returned,
                                but no information is actually entered into the computer database. In
                                either event no data on Chinese illegals in Lithuania makes it into the
                                Lithuanian border service computers. One Laisvas Laikraštis source who
                                himself had run Chinese through the Vilnius airport said he was in
                                constant radio contact with the shift chief of the border post at the
                                airport. "He asked me by radio where the Chinese sheep had gone because he
                                was sitting at the post himself, having driven off the usual border
                                officer, and was waiting for the illegals to come so he could let them
                                board the airplane," he recalled. "The chief of the post told the border
                                control officer they were stepping up security, and that he himself would
                                check passports - through him, all the illegals get through."

                                People without travel documents arrive in London

                                Sitting in the Lithuanian Airlines aircraft or that of another company,
                                the Chinese illegals embark for the lands of their of their dreams, for
                                Germany or Great Britain. During the flight, usually in the toilet, they
                                destroy their forged passports, destroying with them stamps showing they
                                had crossed into Lithuania. This also covers up the work of corrupt
                                officials and to an extent the entire human trafficking scheme. After the
                                airplane lands, in London for example, the Chinese illegals mix themselves
                                in with the motley streams of tourists hailing from around the globe, but
                                make no haste toward the passport control counter. Instead, they wait for
                                about an hour for all the passengers from Vilnius to disperse. "This is
                                done so the English don't know which plane the illegals arrived on," one
                                person with good knowledge of the scheme told Laisvas Laikraštis, "and
                                planes land every few minutes in London, so after an hour the Chinese,
                                without any travel documents come to passport control and say: 'We give
                                ourselves up. We are Chinese and we request political asylum in Great
                                Britain.'"

                                When British Immigration starts asking questions about how they arrived in
                                the airport, the Chinese are coached to give a standard answer: "I don't
                                remember" or "from Hong Kong." Immediately after that solicitors called in
                                by certain Chinese groups already inside Britain advise the Chinese
                                illegals not to reveal how they arrived in England, and usually the
                                illegal immigrant transport scheme remains unclear: British officials
                                merely have people with no documentation who arrived in London somehow,
                                although they say they can't remember how. "The English can only suspect
                                that the Chinese arrived from Vilnius on forged documents, but they have
                                no evidence," the same source explained. "In truth this system began to
                                fail some time ago, so they decided to stop it for a while."

                                Chinese woman claims innocence

                                Chinese citizen Jing Rimeic confirmed to Laisvas Laikraštis the details of
                                the simple scheme for moving illegal Chinese migrants through Lithuania.
                                Jing Rimeic was convicted of organizing people smuggling and sentenced to
                                10 years at a correctional facility back in 2002. Laisvas Laikraštis
                                interviewed her in the prison hospital of Lukiškės Prison in Vilnius,
                                where she was receiving treatment for diabetes.

                                Jing Rimeic said that she was innocent, had been convicted on the basis of
                                testimonies by other Chinese which were extracted from them by Lithuanian
                                officials employing force and threats, Lithuanian officials who themselves
                                were involved in illegal activities.

                                "I arrived in Lithuania back in 1992, and from that time onward I have
                                lived here permanently," Rimeic said. "I was born and raised in Beijing,
                                later I moved to Moscow but I didn't like it there either because I don't
                                like big cities. As a child in China I read that Lithuania is a very
                                beautiful and rich country, so I came here. I liked Lithuania very much, I
                                felt right away that things will go well for me here. I brought some money
                                from home and began a business in Lithuania. I wasn't doing poorly until
                                the trouble began, when I was accused of committing a crime. But I never
                                forged documents, I only invited my parents to Lithuania, but I did it all
                                legally. I had a shop in Panevėžys which I turned over to Chinese
                                acquaintance to manage. Later it turned out that my partners didn't pay
                                the rent or payments to the social welfare fund and the tax authorities.
                                In a word, they became indebted to me, and later one of my debtors
                                slandered me."

                                Witnesses or victims

                                J. Rimeic said that she was convicted based on testimony by two Chinese
                                nationals, both of whom were convicted of crimes, Zhenge Wi and Weibin
                                Liao. These two people (a male and female) were deported from Germany
                                after they landed there from Vilnius with forged passports, and they were
                                charged with criminal misconduct in Lithuania for illegally crossing the
                                border. In court Vang Li Zhong served as Chinese translator for Jing
                                Rimeic. Rimeic said he has outstanding debts to her. She said he also hid
                                the fact that he had been acquainted with the accused for over 10 years
                                and didn't ask to be excused from the proceedings. "Van Li Zhong took
                                revenge, he forced those two young Chinese to testify that I supposedly
                                organized their transit through Lithuania," Jing Rimeic recalled. "This
                                was quite useful for the police as well, they needed to have someone get
                                the blame for illegal people smuggling. Later those two Chinese sent me
                                letters from prison in which they confided that the interrogator in charge
                                of investigating the case, Ana Frolova, forced them to lie about me. They
                                wrote me a letter which said that Frolova promised them if they testified
                                that I organized their transit to Germany then they could quickly go home
                                again."

                                "Testify against her, otherwise you won't see your child soon" was
                                allegedly what interrogator Frolova threatened to Z. Wu. When Jing Rimeic
                                requested the prosecution to include those letters demonstrating her
                                innocence in the case materials, prosecutors rejected the idea, saying
                                they didn't know Chinese. Interrogator Frolova, whose father is a
                                high-ranking official at the Vilnius District Prosecutor's Office, likes
                                to boast to her colleagues that the Prosecutor General will always confirm
                                all her actions, whatever she might do. Later when Jin Rimeic's trial was
                                underway W. Liao and Z. Wu recanted their statements, saying they were
                                extracted by force, but the judges were for believing their original
                                testimony given to prosecutors rather than testimony given in court.

                                "No one listened to them in court even though they testified they were
                                forced to give such statements," Jing Rimeic's friend Konstantinas
                                Feiginas [Konstantin Feigin] said. They two witnesses were quickly
                                deported back to China after Jin Rimeic's trial. "When I demanded that the
                                prosecutor question these two witnesses again, the prosecutors answered
                                'Where should we look for them? In China maybe?' They just mocked us."

                                Why did Jing Remeic become a convict?

                                Asked to whose benefit it was to assign all the blame to Jing Rimeic and
                                turn her into a convicted criminal, her friend Feiginas answered: "A
                                system was and is in operation, people are sent abroad in exchange for
                                money, and when suddenly illegal immigrants get caught, then suddenly the
                                whole system becomes transparent, so the organizers of this scheme had to
                                cover up, and that's why they found themselves a scapegoat, Ying Rimeic.
                                And the police operated quite professionally: they found Jing Rimeic a
                                fake solicitor who worked against her and a translator who was in her
                                debt. Witnesses were forced to write statements corresponding to the
                                demands of the interrogators, but in court they told the truth. But nobody
                                was interested anymore."

                                Police demanded bribes

                                Jing Rimeic said that interrogator A. Frolova suggested she pay three
                                thousand USD and that the charges would be dropped if she did. Initially
                                asking for time to think about it, the Chinese woman later decided not to
                                pay anything. "Already imprisoned in Lukiškės Prison I told Frolova, 'Why
                                should I pay money to have charges against me dropped for things I didn't
                                do?'" Rimeic recalled. "I am innocent, so why should I pay bribes? Then
                                the interrogator told me that I wouldn't make it out of prison, since her
                                people were everywhere - in the district prosecutor's office, in court.
                                And it was really so, everywhere I turned I got the same answer: rejected.
                                Once when Frolova was interrogating me she asked me to sign her report,
                                although there was no Chinese translation, so I refused to sign something
                                which I couldn't understand. She got very angry, and since I'm a diabetic
                                I have to use the toilet quite often. When I asked her to let me use the
                                toilet, Frolova said 'When you sign the report, then we'll let you.' When
                                I asked again to be allowed to use the toilet, the interrogator told me
                                'Go in your trousers.' Only later some soldiers took pity on me and let me
                                use the toilet.

                                Jing Rimeic said her solicitor Latuševskij [Latushevsky] talked her into
                                paying the bribe, saying that otherwise no one was going to let her out of
                                prison. She finally agreed and gave the money to mediators who were to
                                transfer the money to the judge hearing the case. "Officially I paid my
                                lawyer 500 dollars, unofficially another 5,000 dollars to be released from
                                prison, because you have to pay the prosecutor and the judge," Jing Rimeic
                                explained. "When I paid the bribe the Vilnius District Court judge
                                Kisielius immediately had me released from prison on personal
                                recognizance. But they got to thinking later, it seems, that that Chinese
                                lady has a lot of money if she could pay 5,000 dollars, and the same
                                people who put me in prison demanded another 20,000 dollars if I wanted
                                the case to be dropped." [Kisielius denies accepting the bribe].

                                Victim of the system

                                Jing Rimeic said that after being convicted by the court for trafficking
                                in illegals with forged passports based on the testimonies of the two
                                illegal immigrants, it was very simple for the police to paint her as the
                                ring-leader of a human-trafficking organization. Thanks to such solid
                                evidence Jing Rimeic was convicted to serve 10 years in prison, but later,
                                when revision was made to the Lithuanian criminal code, her sentence was
                                reduced to 4 years.

                                Real people smugglers continue to operate

                                "So the 'organizer' of the human trafficking is sitting in prison, and at
                                the same time the real human trafficking barons who have been involved in
                                this for a long time continue to operate because they work hand-in-hand
                                with the Lithuanian State Border Security Service," Rimeic's friend
                                Feiginas told Laisvas Laikraštis. "They can transit whatever and whomever
                                they like through Lithuania, and the police will only arrest those who
                                don't have money or who don't want to ransom themselves."

                                On March 28 of last year officers from the Lithuanian criminal police
                                bureau arrested seven members of a group they identified as "the
                                sportsmen" in Vilnius. They were suspected of smuggling people,
                                counterfeiting banknotes, distributing counterfeit money and forging
                                official documents.

                                Media reports at the time claimed officials had been observing this
                                group's activities for over a year and that they had accomplices in the
                                USA, England, Italy and the Czech Republic. During the operation police
                                arrested Aleksandras Grišinas, Leonas Andijevskis, Sergejus Ostapenko,
                                Ivanas Pavliukianecas, Aleksandras Princevas, Aleksandras Talajevas and
                                Vladimiras Uljanovas [Aleksandr Grishin, Leon Andijewski, Sergei
                                Ostapenko, Ivan Pavliukyanets, Aleksandr Printsev, Aleksandr Talayev,
                                Vladimir Ulyanov]. During a search of one gang-member's apartment officers
                                found a printing press used to print money and documents. A large number
                                of forged documents were discovered during the raid, ranging from forged
                                foreign passports to bogus diplomas. Law enforcement reportedly had
                                information that the "sportsmen" had organized the smuggling of Chinese
                                illegals to England, Germany, Italy and other countries. It was reported
                                that the sportsmen group on average moved 50 Chinese nationals per month
                                through Vilnius to Western European countries taking 3,000 USD per head.
                                Although more than a year has passed since the "sportsmen" arrests, the
                                case hasn't gone to court and all of the suspects have been released on
                                bail. It's still unclear whether the case ever will see trial, or whether
                                it will be dropped due to alleged lack of evidence. Prosectuor Mindaugas
                                Barkauskas of the Vilnius District Prosecutor's Office's Office of
                                Organized Crime Investigations has again fingered Jing Rimeic in this
                                case. According to the accusation, "She, operating in a group, organized
                                in 2002 [she was in Lukiškės Prison at the time] the illegal transfer of
                                foreign nationals across the Lithuanian border. At a time not precisely
                                established by the investigation in 2002 she at a time not precisely
                                established by the investigation and in a manner not precisely established
                                by the investigation lodged at a place not precisely established by the
                                investigation two people whose identities have not been established in the
                                investigation at flats in Vilnius (exact address unknown)."

                                "It's incredible that such an accusation had been made - nothing has been
                                established at all, but the indictment has been written," Feiginas told
                                Laisvas Laikraštis.

                                Valerijus Šulcas enters the picture again

                                "Perceiving such a situation, I acted like businessman Okuličius, I
                                acquired a weapon for self-protection," Feiginas said. "But when the
                                police made a search of the office when I kept the weapon and found it I
                                was charged with a crime. And when I admitted to them the truth, that I
                                got the weapon from police commissioner Valerijus Šulcas [Valeriy Shults]
                                (accused of racketeering and blackmailing his fellow police officers],
                                interrogator Rytas Janukša was very upset and decided to disjoin the case
                                into separate cases, one for illegal possession of a weapon and another
                                for human smuggling, in which latter Jing Rimeic was the suspect. After
                                some time Valerijus Šulcas disappeared from the case materials, and the
                                police informed me I had bought the weapon from 'an unidentified person.'
                                Finally about a year and a half after this Šulcas was arrested for shaking
                                down his colleagues. At that time Šulcas was already working at LNK
                                Television and was blackmailing his former colleagues in the name of the
                                television station. I think he divided the money up with the directors of
                                the LNK programme and that they let him present himself as an employee of
                                the television programme."

                                "I want to say that until the time of my first arrest I never organized
                                trafficking of illegals across the border, but when I was accused I began
                                looking into who had slandered me and why I had ended up in prison," Jing
                                Rimeic told Laisvas Laikraštis. "When they let me go, I started
                                investigating how the smuggling of illegal immigrants works. I had my
                                shop, I was in constant contact with other Chinese and I found out several
                                things. When I learned how the smuggling of illegals operates and who is
                                involved with it, I wrote a letter to the Lithuanian Special
                                Investigations Service and prosecutors telling them I could provide them
                                information. But no one was interested in the information I collected. Why
                                is that? It seems this illegal migrant scheme has been in operation for a
                                long time and a lot of people make a living from it, including law
                                enforcement officials. Of course it was very detrimental to them that I
                                indicated that customs officials and the head of the passport section were
                                smuggling illegal migrants."

                                "Lithuanian justice is simple: he who pays bribes is innocent, he who does
                                not is guilty," Konstantinas Feiginas told Laisvas Laikraštis.

                                On May 23, 2002 two Chinese nationals, Chien Jian-An (male) and He Yu
                                (female), who had flown out of Vilnius on April 27 with counterfeit
                                passports were deported from Frankfurt International Airport. Charges were
                                lodged in Lithuania for illegal border-crossing. "During the search for
                                evidence I got a lot of information about this case," Jing Rimeic said,
                                "so I reported to State Border Security chief Juozas Mickas that I could
                                offer my help in this case, but he refused. The criminal case against
                                these two Chinese was dropped after two or three months, and I heard that
                                the organizers paid the officials investigating the case and the case
                                quickly ended."
                              • paslemekas
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 19, 2004
                                  --- In litvania@yahoogroups.com, Geoffrey Vasil
                                  <geoffrey.vasil@f...> wrote:
                                  > Chinese illegals enter Europe through Vilnius
                                  > by Aurimas Driþius

                                  Geoffrey, I see you are very keen on articles from "Laisvas laikrastis".
                                  However, you should be informed that this newspaper is a tabloid, so
                                  if it's your main information source about Lithuania - it's quite
                                  one-sided...
                                • Geoffrey Vasil
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 6, 2005
                                    What exactly does "tabloid" mean, paslemekas?