No activity in last 7 days
We always welcome new members, and request that they send a brief self-introduction, including a few lines about their interest in liturgy, to the list-owner address at the bottom of this page when requesting membership.
liturgy-l is a interdenominational forum for the discussion of issues relevant to the study and planning of Christian worship. We welcome participation from members of all denominations. The activities of this list range from informal conversation to formal meeting; each contribution to the ongoing discussion should be considered more a letter than a part of a chat.
We encourage discussion across a broad spectrum of ecclesiastical and liturgical opinion and actively discourage the use of this list as a forum for liturgical warfare, denominational posturing, or other similar activities. We also discourage the use of the list for primarily commercial purposes or fundraising.
1. Please include your name and e-mail address at the end of your message.
2. Know the difference between a conversational post and a polemical post. Send the former, eschew the latter.
3. Avoid ad hominem attacks.
4. When posting notices about books, please include the full facts of publication
5. Do not quote long passages from a previous post.
6. Avoid "Amen!" posts containing a brief affirmation of what has already been said. Affirmations are best sent to the poster, not to the list.
7. Avoid "Huh?" posts, which only contain a brief expression of confusion, but does nothing to indicate the sort of clarification sought.
8. Avoid "complaint" posts, which should be sent to
the List Owner only (see bottom of page).
9. Use subject lines which indicate the subject of the post. Change subject lines if you change the topic.
10. Posts to liturgy-l should be sent as plain text rather than HTML mail.
11. Keep image width under 600 pixels.
- May 16, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.