Re: [liturgy-l] A peaceful death - Prayers: Roman Rite

  • Gerald.Chinchar@notes.udayton.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2000
      Here are the Roman Rite prayers from the votive mass "For a Happy Death"
      from the proposed new translation of the Sacramentary

      A Happy Death

      Opening Prayer

      O God,
      you have created us in your own image
      and have sent your Son to undergo death for our sake;
      keep us ever watchful in prayer,
      that we may leave this world unstained by sin
      and find joyous rest in the arms of your mercy.
      We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
      God for ever and ever.

      Deus, qui nos ad imaginem tuam creasti,
      et pro nobis Filium tuum mortem subire voluisti,
      concede supplicibus tuis ita vigilare omni tempore
      orantes,
      ut absque peccati macula de hoc mundo exire,
      et in sinu misericordiæ tuæ
      cum exsultatione requiescere mereamur.
      Per Dominum.

      Prayer over the Gifts

      You have destroyed our death, O Lord,
      by the death of your only Son;
      through the power of his sacrament
      keep us obedient to your will even to the end,
      that we may depart from this world in trust and peace
      to share by your grace in the resurrection of Christ,
      who lives and reigns for ever and ever.

      Sicut mortem nostram occidisti, Domine, morte
      Unigeniti tui,
      ita eiusdem sacramenti virtute præsta,
      ut, voluntati tuæ ob?dientes usque ad mortem,
      cum pace et fiducia de hoc sæculo exire,
      et ipsius resurrectionis participes effici tuo munere
      valeamus.
      Per Christum.

      Prayer after Communion

      Lord God,
      through the celebration of these mysteries
      we have received the pledge of immortal life;
      we pray for your grace at the hour of our death,
      that the snares of the enemy may be overcome,
      and that we may rest eternally in your embrace.
      Grant this in the name of Jesus, the Lord.

      Immortalitatis pignora, Domine, per hæc mysteria
      consecuti,
      pro nostræ mortis exitu
      pietatis tuæ auxilium supplices imploramus,
      ut, inimici superatis insidiis,
      in sinu gloriæ tuæ reficiamur æternæ.
      Per Christum.

      Rev. Gerald T. Chinchar, S.M., D.Min.
      Campus Minister for Catechetical Programs,
      Priest-on-call, and Web Master
      937-229-2725
      937-229-2035 FAX

      Web: http://www.udayton.edu/~campmin
      chinchar@...

      "The Father is my Hope, the Son is my Refuge, the Holy Spirit is my
      Protection!
      O Holy Trinity: Glory to Thee!"