Re: [liturgy-l] How appropriate- - - -NOT!

  • B. D. Colt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002
      On 30 Mar 02, at 19:05, Gregory Holmes Singleton wrote:

      > Anyway, I thought it was strange programming. Perhaps next year
      > someone can telecast "Triumph of the Will" during Passover. That
      > would be just about as tasteless.

      You expect taste on television? You should live so long!

      Barbara D. Colt, mailto:babc2@...
      St John the Evangelist, San Francisco
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
        on 3/31/02 7:36 PM, B. D. Colt at babc2@... wrote:

        >> Anyway, I thought it was strange programming. Perhaps next year
        >> someone can telecast "Triumph of the Will" during Passover. That
        >> would be just about as tasteless.
        >>
        > You expect taste on television? You should live so long!

        Did anyone else catch MAD-TV's satire on biblical epics? They combined "The
        Greatest Story Ever Told" with Arnold Schwarzeneger's "Exterminator" for
        "The Greatest Action Story Ever Told". Arnold follows Jesus and refuses to
        stop eliminating His enemies. At the end, the cyborg turns to the camera
        and intones robot-like "He'll be baaaack".

        Tasteless? Yes. Funny? Yes. A telling satire on Hollywood's sappy
        biblical epics? Oh YES!

        Director of Music & Liturgical Arts
        Church of the Messiah