Re: processional cross

  • erikmsp
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2002
      I'm not aware that there's one specific "right place" to put the
      processional cross, except that the whole point is to have a cross
      near or on the altar. If there's not a freestanding table cross for
      the altar, then you'd want to make sure the processional cross is
      quite close and very visible during the service. . .

      My home church has a large cross suspended directly above the altar,
      so the processional cross (a crucifix) is placed in a high stand over
      to the right side of the chancel (near the altar rail) during the
      service.

      My college's chapel had no cross other than the processional cross so
      in that space it is placed on a stand at the right-front corner of
      the altar.

      So, you find a prominent yet convenient place to put it in the
      chancel, and enjoy it. :)

      Erik Doughty
      Saint Paul, MN