Re: [liturgy-l] Chant settings

  • LIZ EVANS
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      Thanks Ted, I was hoping I wouldn't have to go so far as to set them
      myself :-( [me being the lazy person that I am]. But thanks for the
      reply.

      Liz Evans
    • Neal Campbell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        There is a very helpful publication/CD recording titled Lord, Open our Lips:
        Musical Help for Leaders of the Liturgy. New York: Church Publishing, 1999.
        Details at http://www.churchpublishing.org

        Although I haven't gone through it in detail, a casual look at it suggests
        that this book of music and CD recording will have almost anything the
        regular congregation will need in terms of service music, including sung
        prefaces and collects, the tones of which should easily lend themselves to
        the new collects in the church's supplemental material.

        ======================

        Neal Campbell
        Region III Councillor, AGO
        St. Stephen's Church
        University of Richmond
        Richmond, Virginia

        ncampbell@...
        http://www.ststephensch.org
        http://www.music.richmond.edu

        Tel. 804-288-2867 ext. 304
        Direct: 804-288-3318 ext. 304
        Fax. 804-288-4161

        Office mail:
        St. Stephen's Church
        6000 Grove Avenue
        Richmond, Va. 23226-2730 USA
      • Ormonde Plater
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          The original request was for chant settings of various pieces in the supplemental book Enriching Our Worship of the Episcopal Church. These settings are in the back of the book. The settings (two-line staffs) include three opening acclamation, the prefaces and doxology of three eucharistic prayers, and three fraction anthems.

          Ormonde Plater
          oplater@...