Re: [liturgy-l] Holy Smoke!

  • David J Strang
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2013
      The austerity requested of the bishop must already have taken effect in the picture
      which shows +Limburg in a fairly simple chasuble.  The chalice is elaborate, but not
      especially unusual for use in a German cathedral

      Of Transitional style [Romanesque/gothic], the Cathedral at Limburg an der Lahn is
      built on a striking rock outcropping high above the Lahn River.  The pictoresque half-timbered
      medieval city surrounds it, hundreds of feet below.  Somewhere I have a 35mm slide view which
      I took of the Cathedral on a day when the building in its flamboyant location floats high above
      the low lying fog.

      David Strang.