Re: [liturgy-l] Apostles Creed

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013
      On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Douglas Cowling
      <cowling.douglas@...> wrote:
      > Is the Apostles' Creed still an alternative to the Nicene Creed (it was in
      > the Novo Ordo), or was it suppressed in the new Missale Romanum?

      Still there. The new Missal has this (at least in the St. Paul version):

      "Instead of the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed, especially during
      Lent and Easter Time, the baptismal Symbol of the Roman Church, known
      as the Apostles' Creed, may be used."

      --
      Scott R. Knitter
      Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
        Yes, Scott, that is what I've found too.

        Although Anglican we prefer the Apostles' Creed to the Nicene at Sunday Mass too.

        Ian
        An Inclusive Church? What does that mean? Thoughts at: www.stchrysostoms.wordpress.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
          I've never been at an Anglican mass that used the Apostles' Creed instead of the Nicene.

          <cowling.douglas@...> wrote:
          > Is the Apostles' Creed still an alternative to the Nicene Creed (it was in
          > the Novo Ordo), or was it suppressed in the new Missale Romanum?

          Still there. The new Missal has this (at least in the St. Paul version):

          "Instead of the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed, especially during
          Lent and Easter Time, the baptismal Symbol of the Roman Church, known
          as the Apostles' Creed, may be used."

          --
          Scott R. Knitter
          Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA

        • wx5116
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
            I haven't either, other than for one that included baptism.

            Arlington VA USA
            dlewisaao@...