Re: [liturgy-l] Chopping the Whiners

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2013
      ALTAR, ALTAR, ALTAR.

      Ahh, the Independent Catholic Patrimony.

      On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Michael Thannisch <mjthannisch@...> wrote:

      On alter stones, one of the churches that I pastored in Honduras had an alter stone.  It wasn't a literal stone, but some kind of cement that supposedly contained a piece of the true cross.  I don't know that it really did, but when we had a new altar made for the church, we included  the stone.  And in fact all the altars I had made had a piece of marble incorporated into it. No relics though.  Just as an aside, they were also all the same dimensions so as to make it easy to order paraments.

      Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach

      +Mar Michael Abportus
      Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
      204 Sylvan Ave.