Re: [liturgy-l] Tablet: "Lapsed Catholics can join ordinariate" - 12 July 2013

    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
      From: David Waller <d.a.waller@...>
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] Tablet: "Lapsed Catholics can join ordinariate" - 12 July 2013

      This determines who grants faculties,

      Have any ordinate priests been given concessions to celebrate mass outside their parishes?

    • David Waller
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
        All of them.

        Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
        Have any ordinate priests been given concessions to celebrate mass outside their parishes?

        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
          Can they celebrate NO or EF masses, or are they only allowed "Ordinariate" Masses?

          From: David Waller <d.a.waller@...>

          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
            From: David Waller <d.a.waller@...>
            To: Liturgy-Well-Done <liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com>

            All of them.

            And can their wives accompany them?  I'm curious about the social dynamics.

          • David Waller
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
              They can celebrate the OF and EF of the Roman Rite and the "Ordinariate Liturgy" which is still being refined and will use Elizabethan English and contain some Anglican texts.

              From: David Waller <d.a.waller@...>

              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
                Doug,

                I'm not sure what you mean by this. In England there are more married diocesan priests than married ordinariate priests. They are married former Anglicans ordained as diocesan priests since the 90s.

                It was not the dispensation from celibacy which was new in Anglicanorum Coetibus, it was the concept of groups coming together and a jurisdiction retaining elements of Anglican patrimony. The Communion Ecclesiology stuff etc I mentioned in an earlier post.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
                    I can't comment on the situation in the US.  But realistically, the EF is not going to have much demand in the Ordinariate because vernacular worship is part of the Anglican Patrimony. A contemporary language rite is available in the OF and a "traditional" language rite is also available in the Ordinariate. But Ordinariate priests are also encouraged to help as needed in the local dioceses and that could include places where the EF is celebrated.

                    Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

                    And can their wives accompany them?  I'm curious about the social dynamics.

                  • wx5116
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
                      They very definitely have been given such faculties in some cases.  And non-Ordinariate priests in some cases have been given faculties to say Anglican Use Masses.

                      Arlington VA USA
                      dlewisaao@...

                      From: David Waller <d.a.waller@...>

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 15, 2013
                          Your bottom sentence explains it all.  See my example cited in update to the "old news" that Lew had cited.

                          And there are many of us in the Ordinariate who happen to find the TLM, as well as the Anglican Use, particularly edifying to our souls.

                          Arlington VA USA
                          dlewisaao@...