St. Gertrude Reports that Jesus Sang Mass Propers

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2013
      New Liturgical Movement: Thursday, June 06, 2013
      St. Gertrude Reports that Jesus Sang Mass Propers
      http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2013/06/st-gertrude-reports-that-jesus
      -sang.html
      by
      Jeffrey Tucker
      From a book published in 1880, now available on Google books:

      "St. Gertrude saw our Lord Jesus Christ celebrate Mass in a mystical
      manner: On Gaudete Sunday [Third Sunday of Advent (Gaudete means
      "Rejoice")], as Gertrude prepared to communicate at the first Mass----
      which commences "Rorate"-----she complained to Our Lord that she could not
      hear Mass; but Our Lord, Who compassionates the afflicted, consoled her,
      saying: "Do you wish, My beloved, that I should say Mass for you?" Then,
      being suddenly rapt in spirit, she replied: "I do desire it, O Beloved of
      my soul, and I most ardently beseech Thee to grant me this favor." Our
      Lord then intoned the Gaudete in Domino semper ["Rejoice in the Lord
      always"] with a choir of Saints to incite this soul to praise and rejoice
      in Him; and as He sat on His royal throne, St. Gertrude cast herself at
      His feet and embraced them. Then He chanted the Kyrie eleison ["Lord, have
      mercy"] in a clear and loud voice, while two of the princes of the choir
      of Thrones took her soul and brought it before God the Father, where she
      remained prostrate."

      My dreams about liturgy are always fraught: I arrive late and there are no
      aisles to get to the front of the church ... or I can't find the ON button
      for the organ ... Or I arrive without clothing.

      P.S. Tough times on the trad liturgy blogs. Editors quitting and nary a
      photo from Rome.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2013
        Interesting. One wonders how Christ would have sing the Kyrie: "Lord Have Mercy, I Have Mercy, Lord Have Mercy"

        Lew