Re: Liturgical Bees

  • James
    Message 1 of 19 , May 26, 2013
      ?fortunately in the east it doesn't make any difference. The people inside the iconostasis light the seven branch oil lamps in their way, the people outside, light the lampadas and other candels in theirs. And most of the congegation aren't even there when the candles are lit since they don'e come until just before Liurgy begins (an hour after matins)
      Just so you Westerners know,if you even care...
      Rdr. James Morgan

      Message 2 of 19 , May 27, 2013
        On 5/27/13 12:21 AM, "James" <rdrjames@...> wrote:

        >Just remembered that 'beehives' have a great symbolidal meaning among the
        >Mormons! We should watch out!

        And the Bonapartists.

      • wx5116
        Message 3 of 19 , May 27, 2013
          Don't forget St Ambrose ...

          Arlington VA USA
          dlewisaao@...

          In a message dated 5/27/2013 9:53:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cowling.douglas@... writes:

          On 5/27/13 12:21 AM, "James" <rdrjames@...> wrote:

          >Just remembered that 'beehives' have a great symbolidal meaning among the
          >Mormons!  We should watch out!

          And the Bonapartists.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              liturgy-l-digest@yahoogroups.com
              liturgy-l-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • William Renwick
          Message 4 of 19 , May 27, 2013
            At St. Mary the Vigin (Independent Anglican) Hamilton Ontario, we sing the Asperges pretty much every week (this has been going on for a year or more); we will be adding the Vidi aquam next Eastertide, I expect (we just didn't have it ready this year).

            At the RC Tridentine Mass in Hamilton, of course, we sing Asperges and Vidi as appointed.

            William Renwick
            renwick@...
            School of the Arts
            McMaster University