Enough already

  • Pastor Art Hebbeler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013

      I am thisclose to leaving this list.

      Once again, some of those present have assumed the attitude of snarky, dismissive, arrogant, know-it-alls.

      I frankly don’t give a damn if someone has left one tradition for another. I give even less if that person is deemed by other to bestill happy-clappy, non-committal, or bitterly bitter. It has NOTHING to do with the liturgy of the church catholic, which we claim as the purpose of the list.

      I am tired of the attitude of some that ONLY Roman ceremony from the pre-Vatican II days is acceptable worship of our Creator and Lord.

      I am tired of the attitude of some that ONLY Vatican II/post-Vatican II Roman ceremony is acceptable worship of our Creator and Lord.

      I am tired of the attitude of some that ONLY Anglo-Catholic Anglican ceremony is acceptable worship of our Creator and Lord.

      I am tired and weary of the parochial attitudes being thrown back and forth by some—and it is only some—toward others on the list, when this is something the list rules purport to prohibit.

      If I really wanted the constant childishness as has been expressed recently (see Cultus of Martyrs as the most recent example), I would have stayed on the ALPB Online Forum.

      Art Hebbeler