RE: [liturgy-l] relic

  • Jim .
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 5:57 AM
      there's no space for a crypt....it's a place between the raised floor that the high altar sits on and the original floor of the church....maybe a space about 3 feet deep.....wish I could describe it better. .... when the church was renovated after Vatican II, the entire sanctuary was raised and made larger. There are four steps going up from main aisle to the sanctuary area. Somewhere in that raised area, in the space between the original floor and the raised floor, is where the relic is going.

      Well, I guess we'll all find out on May 10

      Never Forget Newtown

      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: cowling.douglas@...
      Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:41:07 -0400
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] relic

      From: "Jim ." <jim.meriden@...>

      He hasn't explained why he is putting it in the floor.

      Perhaps he's creating a 'confessio' with steps down to a crypt …

      Sounds very odd.