Re: [liturgy-l] When are "converts" received in the Roman Church

    Message 1 of 204 , Mar 27, 2013
      a lay person's baptism would be followed up by a conditional baptism by a priest.

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Daniel Lawson <k95dl01@...> wrote:

      On Mar 27, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Lewis Whitaker <lhwhitaker@...> wrote:

      I would think that, since Anglican orders "absolutely null and utterly void " a conditional baptism *at least* would be required!

      But in the eyes of Rome, lay people can validly baptize. So the validity of Anglican orders is irrelevant to the question of baptism.

      --
      Daniel Lawson

      Message 204 of 204 , Apr 9, 2013
        On 4/9/13 2:43 PM, "Simon Kershaw" <simon@...> wrote:

        >In this case, however, the BBC is not to blame since the 1980s
        >adaptation of Brideshead was made by Granada not by the BBC.

        Oh thank heaven. One can hardly expect a lower-caste usurper to the BBC's
        primacy to pronounce things correctly.

        Although I much preferred Claire Bloom to Emma Thompson.